Twenty Three - Publicity

After a couple of weeks, we've finally finished my album. It's certain that I'm getting back into everything and things aren't as weird as I thought them to be. 

The album is finished and ready to be released but my agency is apparently building it up right now, and I'll be filming a music video in a couple of months after it's been released for a while. 

"You were just so worried!" Lea is saying as we sit and watch re-runs of Full House. 

"Of course I was, I didn't even know if I could sing anymore. Give me a little credit, Lee." 

She laughs, "Oh I give you all the credit in the world girlie! Changing the name from Love & Happiness to After was brilliant. I love 'After', it's amazing. I love what it signifies." 

I smile. 

I was informed that my album was going to be called 'Love & Happiness' and I really didn't like it. It just didn't fit, and frankly it was too mushy and stupid. I really don't understand what I was thinking when I decided on it.

 After weeks of thinking over it, I decided to call it 'After'. 

After everything: the accident, falling in love over again, learning all of this over again, being a celebrity over again; after all of this absolute weirdness... I'm me. I guess I'm just saying to my fans that you can be yourself even after the worst thing that's ever happened to you. There is a chance for change, there's a reason for all the bad things that happen. 

I nod, "Me too, Lee. Me too." 

~*~ 

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." I chant under my breathe as I sit at the long white table. Nick is on one side of me, Joe on the other, Kevin is on Joe's side. 

Nick takes my hand under the table and grins at me. "Baby, relax." 

Joe looks at me, "Seriously chica, chill." 

I look at them and scoff. "I am about to meet over a hundred of my fans, and yours. This may not be the first time you guys have done this but it's my first so shut up." I sigh. "Well it's the first since I can remember. And it's nerve racking." 

Nick smiles and nods. "I understand, we still get nervous sometimes don't we? He looks to his brothers and they nod vigorously. 

Assholes. 

They're just humoring me, I know it. 

One of their guards, Paul I think his name is, walks up to us. "You guys ready?"

They nod and I smile weakly. 

No.

After got released 2 days ago, and it had over 4.8 million copies sold in the first two hours it was out. I'm still stunned when I think about it, it's incredible. Since the boys released their album about a week before I did, we're doing a Meet & Greet together to promote and sell more, our people both thought it would be a good idea. 

And honestly, I didn't want to go to my first M&G alone. 

As security opens the doors and teenagers start piling in I take a deep breath. I can totally do this. 

As the first of the teens come up to the table I'm relieved that they have to go through Joe and Kevin before me. It gives me a little time to think about what I'm going to say.

My mind is blank though as the boys sign albums and when the first girl comes to me, I'm speechless. Nick nudges me, and smiles at the girl. 

"What's your name sweetheart?" He asks her and she grins, it seems like she's almost as nervous as I am. 

Almost. 

"Angie! I love you guys so much, you guys are seriously the cutest couple ever, I've always wanted to tell you that. I would be so heart broken if you guys broke up, for real." 

She grins at us lovingly and I get myself together. 

"Thank you!" I tell her and she hands me my album and I smile at her as I sign it and hand it back. 

Nick grins at me as I take another girl's album and sign it. 

"You're a natural." He whispers and kisses my cheek, which makes about fifty girls squeal around us. I laugh and hand the album back to the girl, smiling at her. 

This really isn't as hard as I though it would be. 

~*~

Five agonizingly long hours later, all four of us are absolutely swamped. We exit the building and get into the awaiting limo and the seats are like heaven, having sat in those hard plastic chairs for so long. 

I look at the boys. "I don't know how you guys do that all the time. I'm exhausted and literally all I did was smile and sign things, and how in THE HELL are you guys that fast at signing your named? Jesus, I couldn't keep up." 

Nick laughs. "Years of practice." 

Kevin smiles at me, "This isn't our first rodeo, little lady." 

"Get yourself together." Joe says, smacking him on the head.  

I burst out laughing and they all look at me like I've grown another head. I put my hands up in the air. "I blame it on being tired." 

We drive to Joe and Kevin's hotel as I turn to Nick. "Where do they live, actually?" 

Nick shrugs. "It's complicated. Due to tours and all the M&G's and interviews they're not really living anywhere at the moment. If it wasn't for the apartment that I've already established here I'd be in the same boat as them." 

Joe hugs me as we arrive to the hotel and then he gets out of the car and turns back. "Yeah, it sucks." 

Kevin smiles and hugs me, "Not really, we're honored to be in this position right now." He says and gets out.

I laugh and lay my head back on seat. "Good night guys." Nick shuts the door and I curl up on the seat. "I am so freaking tired." 

Nick nods and hugs me. "I know, baby. But you'll get used to it I promise. You were great tonight, really." He holds me close and kisses me briefly before telling the driver to take us home. 

I am so unbelievably ready.