Twenty Five - Coffee shop tears

I honestly don't know how long I sit there staring at her. Nick has taken my hand, he's trying to get me to talk to him, but I'm numb. 

Nick shakes me slightly. "Sara, baby talk to me." 

"Give her time, Nick." Caren says and Nick shoots her a glare. 

"Shut the fuck up, you've done enough." 

She scoffs. "I'VE done enough? What about you? Keeping something like this from her?" 

"I didn't want to throw something this huge at her all of a sudden!" Nick says, raising his voice slightly. "She was just getting used to everything, Caren! She-" 

I stand up. 

Nick looks up at me, startled. "Sara, babe-" 

"Don't." I say, not looking at him or Caren. 

I walk away from the table and I hear Nick get up quickly. 

I start running. I run out the door and as far away from the restaurant as I can get, I'm not thinking clearly. I just need to get away. 

"Sara!" Nick yells from behind me, and I can hear him catching up. 

I run harder, needing to get away from him. I don't know why the urge is so strong to get away but I don't fight it. 

All of a sudden I feel hands snake around my waist and Nick pulling me to a stop. I struggle against him, trying to run but it just makes him hold me tighter. 

"Baby, please." Nick says, holding me tightly. He turns me around to where I'm facing him and cups my face, forcing me to look up at him. "Sara, stop." 

I don't stop though, I keep struggling. "Let me go, Nick." 

"No. Stop, baby-" 

Before I rethink it, I slap him across the face. "Get THE  FUCK away from me." 

The surprise of the slap makes him let me go and I take my chance and run. I can hear him behind me, "Chris, she found out." 

They kept this from me, all of them. 

Chris, Lea, Darren.. They all lied to me. 

How could they? 

I blink back tears as I go into a nearby coffee shop, hiding my face slightly so no one will recognize me. Shit, I didn't even think about that. 

I look around and find no one looking at me.

Relieved, I take a seat at the back of the booth and pull out my phone. 

Chris is calling me. 

I ignore it, and a second later I'm getting a call from Lea. I ignore it and then Darren calls me, and then Nick. I give up and turn my phone off. 

I put my head in my hands and am startled to feel how wet my face is. I didn't even know I was crying. 

I shake my head at my self. This is so fucked up. 

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up startled. The young waitress steps back, her hands in the air. "Woah, sorry hun. You okay?" 

I nod. I read her name tag, Perrie. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." 

She looks at me for a moment and then her eyes get wide and she squeals a little bit. "Oh my GOD! You're Sara Alexander, THEE Sara freaking Alexander. I love you so much!" 

I sigh and swipe my hair out of my face. "Yes, do you think I could get a small water please, and please just don't give it away that I'm here. Please." I say, gripping her arm, pleading. 

She nods, her eyes wide. "Yeah no problem." As she walks away I can hear her whispering to herself. "Oh my god, Sara Alexander. Oh... my.. god." 

I shake my head and look at the table. 

How the hell... how do I have a child? 

There are so many emotions right now going through me I can't process them all. I need time to think. A lot of time. 

Away from all the people that hid something this huge from me. 

How could they do that?

Because they care. This is huge, why would they just spring this on you? There probably just wasn't a right time to say it. How can you say something like that? 

I push my thoughts back, I can't make excuses for them. 

Perrie comes back with my water and I take it and thank her, gulping it down rapidly. 

It takes me a moment to realize that she's still standing there. I look up and try to smile. "Yeah?" 

She steps forward, holding two albums in her hands. My albums. 

"I know this is probably such a bad time and I'm so sorry but, if you could sign these it would make my life." 

I smile at this kind girl and take the albums and the marker she gives me. I sign my name on both and hand them back to her. "There you go." 

"Thank you so much!" She says and goes to walk away but comes back. "Um.. whatever is going on, you'll get through it. You're one of the strongest people I have ever seen. You're my idol.." She pauses. "I really love you." 

I chuckle and grin at her and then stand up. "Come here" I say and open my arms. She laughs and hugs me tightly. 

I pull back and look at her, keeping her at arms length. "Thank you. I really needed to hear that." 

She grins and pulls out a phone. "Can I please have a picture with you?" 

I nod and she takes a quick picture.

I sit back down, "Can you do me a favor and not post that anywhere for a couple of hours? I can't have people knowing where I am just yet." I tell her.

She nods. "Of course!" And then walks away, glancing back at me every few steps. 

I pull out my phone and turn it on. 

I ignore the twenty some missed calls from my "friends" and search for a number I don't even know if I have.

I see it though and I take a deep breath before pressing call. 

"Hello?" 

"Caren? Where can we meet? We need to talk."