Nine - Picture me screaming

Sara

I follow Nick down the hallway and two the right, where he opens a door that leads to the room. Our room. I hesitantly follow him in, stopping at the threshold slightly and then continuing. He stands back and looks at me with a small smile on his face while I look around. 

The room is huge. At the head of the room there's a king sized bed with a purple and black fly net around it. Two large desks are on either side of the room and I quickly realize who's desk is whom. My desk has purple peace signs decorated lightly on the surface, the desk itself a deep, beautiful brown. I walk over, my fingers skimming the surface of the wood. I smile as I look at the pictures on the desk. The five of us at a party clearly drunk, us at the Grand Canyon, I lean closer and look at one picture in particular. We seem to be at a huge mall, I think the Mall of America, we're standing in front of a huge roller coaster, Chris has his arms around Darren's waist looking at him tenderaly and I smile. Lea is standing in the middle of us throwing her hands up towards us with mock annoyance, a smile on her face though. I laugh, and then look at Nick and I. My smile fades slowly as I pick up the picture. My arms are around his neck as I'm looking up at him intently, his arms around my waist as he looks down at me smiling. It looks like we're close to kissing, the passion clear in our eyes. 

I jolt when I feel a hand land over mine. His body heat close as he whispers in my ear. "That was a day to remember." 

I put the picture down, and turn around to face him. I step back a little, seeing him so close, and he smiles. 

"I don't remember it though." His smile disappears just as quickly as it came. He takes my hands in his bigger ones

"You will." He brushes his fingers across my cheek, making me loose my breath. I look into his eyes and I see the love that he has for me. I see the caring in his eyes and I step back, bumping into my desk as I scurry around him. 

"Y-Yeah. Right." I leave the room quickly, retracing our previous steps back into the living room. Chris, and two of my best friends who I don't remember becoming friends with in the first place turn and face me. 

Chris stands up and walks over to me. "You alright?" 

I try to smile as best I can. "I'm fine. I need-I need to get some fresh air, I say grabbing my coat from the couch as I walk to the front door. Lea stands up quickly. 

"I'll go with you." 

I turn back swiftly, "No." It comes out more harshly then I intented and I feel guilty as I see the hurt flash in her eyes. "I'll be fine. Thanks though." 

I walk out the door before anyone else can say anything and feel relieved when the door doesn't open back up behind me. I walk to the elevators and sigh, pushing the button. 

Definitely time for some fresh air. 

•Nick•

I walk into the living room several minutes later and find Chris, Lea, and Darren sitting on the couch talking. I furrow my eyebrows. "Where's Sara?" I ask, confused. 

Chris looks up at me. "She said she needs some fresh air. I thought it would be best to let her have it. She needs some time." 

I walk to the couch and sit beside Darren. "She saw the picture of us at the Mall of America." 

I hear several collective sighs coming from my friends, confirming my thoughts. 

Lea clears her throat. "What did she say?" 

I look at my hands. "Nothing. I told her it was a day to remember, and she just sort of shut down. Telling me that she doesn't remember." 

Lea sighs. "You told her it was a day to remember? Seriously Nick? You couldn't have used any other choice of words?" My eyes widen. 

"Fuck." I put my head in my hands. I'm such a fucking idiot! A DAY TO REMEMBER. Nice Nick. Real suave. 

"She probably hates me now. What the hell am I supposed to do? I don't know how to do this!" I feel a hand at my back, patting and I look at Darren. 

"She'll come around. This is just a lot for her to take in." 

My phone rings suddenly and I take it out of my pocket, looking at the caller I.D. My heart soars as I read the name. My love

I touch the screen quickly. "Hello?" 

I hear her gasping for breath as if she's been running a marathon. 

"Nick! I was... front of the apartment... people... found... old warehouse... complex..tons... flashing lights... calling... dont' know what to do... help." I hear her name being yelled by multiple people in the background as her voice goes in and out of the line. 

"Sara, Sara baby are you there? Hello? SARA." And then a sound of crashing in the background. 

I hear her scream and then the line goes dead. 

I drop my phone. 

I'm up and running out the door before it even hits the floor.