Twenty Six - Really?

"Sara.." 

I grind my teeth together. "What?" 

"I just don't think that it's a good idea. I've already done enough, I really shouldn't have said anything." 

I scoff. "Are you serious? You had every right to tell me! I have a damn child, Caren! She's three years old! I had a baby when I was sixteen! This is such a huge part of my life that I don't even fucking remember! So yes. You are completely justified in telling me." 

She pauses for a beat. "I understand what you must be feeling right now..."

"Do you?" I seethe through the phone. I am so fucking done with this. "Caren I do not wish to banter back and forth about this. I need to talk to you. Where. Do. You. Want. To. Meet." I spit out the words and she finally gets the hint to stop. 

"We can meet at my place, Rain will be at day care around three tomorrow, can you come over then?" 

"Yes." I say and hang up. 

I put my head on the table and take deep breaths over and over again. 

My phone buzzes again and I look at it. 

It's my mom. 

I sigh and wipe at an escaping tear. "Hello?" I croak and clear my throat. 

"Oh honey, how are you?" 

And that's all it takes. I burst into tears and my I can faintly hear my mom over the speakers ushering my dad to turn on the GPS. 

I drop my phone onto the table and just cry. Why does everything have to be so fucked up? My life was finally turning into something normal... I was getting used to all of this. 

I jump when I feel a hand on my back. I look up and it's Perrie. 

She's holding tissues and has a piece of Hershey's pie and places them down on the table, picking up my phone. She looks down at me and I drop my head onto the table. God I'm pathetic. 

"Starbucks on 21st and Columbia. Okay, yeah she's still crying. Okay.... sure, yes ma'am." She hangs up my phone and sits across from me. 

She takes my hands in hers and I look up at her. 

"It'll get better. This shittiness isn't perminent. It never is." She smiles gently and pats my hands, getting up to get back to work. I look after her and a small smile creeps onto my face. 

It disappears just as quickly. 

How do you know? 

My mom arrives within twenty minutes and she immediately finds me and rushes over, ushering me up and hugs me tight. "Oh honey, I am so sorry you had to find out this way. None of us wanted it to happen likes this baby." 

I pull away and glare at her. I hadn't thought about the fact that my own parents had kept it from me too. "Why would you? Isn't that JUST as big as loosing your fucking memory? You should've ripped the bandage off mom!" But now that I think about it, would I have wanted to know? 

Maybe they were right to keep this from me, I mean this is huge. 

My mom nods her head and tears are in her eyes, "Come on honey, let's go." 

I grab my phone from the table and follow her, after she pays for my things I hug Perrie again and thank her for her support and the uneaten pie at the table. 

When we get outside I immediately want to go back in. Nick, Lea, Chris, and Darren are standing by my father in a heated conversation. 

Which comes to a halt as soon as we walk out. Nick and Chris come rushing towards me and I hold my hands up. 

"Don't even fucking think about it." I say to them and walk quickly to my parent's car. 

I hear their protests but I don't listen. I am so not ready to face them yet. I'm not ready to face reality, and the fact that I have a child, let alone the people that kept that from me.  

My parents get in the car after saying a few words to them and I don't look at them as they get in. 

My mom reaches for my hands but I pull away, "Please mom, don't." 

She nods and when I get to their house they show me to my old room and I shut the door and lock it. 

I need some serious space to think about everything. 

I'll figure more of this out tomorrow, I close my eyes and drop onto the bed.