Twenty One - The mushy stuff

We end up going to an Italian Bistro for dinner, and when we get there the place is full. We get ushered to the front of the line, and I'm surprised until I realize who I'm with. 

Of course. 

We get seated at a long, round booth and are told the the waiter will be with us very shortly. 

As I'm looking the menu, I can't help myself. "Celebrities really do get benefits," I laugh. "We probably would have had to wait in line for hours, glad I was with you guys." I look up to see them chuckling and exchanging glances. 

"What?" I wearily ask. 

Nick smiles, "Sara, it wasn't our pull that got us in," He gazes at me. "It was yours." 

My jaw goes slack. "What?"

"Well of course, our influence helped! God, Nick make us look bad." Joe says, and I laugh feebly as Nick shakes his head at his brother.

My influence?

Joe's smile fades, "You okay?" Everyone turns to look at me and I smile immediately. "Oh, yea I'm fine." I laugh, and Nick looks at me, not buying it. 

I feel him squeeze my hand underneath the table and I shoot him a look, pleading with him to not say anything. I'm embarrassed enough, I don't need to be anymore in front of his family. 

He nods and Kevin looks at me. "So how is everything? I know this must be really hard for you. I can't even imagine. I mean it was hard for all of us to adjust to the publicity and everything when we started out, but having to redo it all again when everyone thinks you know, and having to hide it," He shakes his head. "That's insane." 

I nod. "Yeah, it's... interesting. I mean I have people telling me all kinds of things about my past that I don't remember and it's like THEY know me more than I know me, and I really honestly don't like it." 

He looks at me, a certain pity in his eyes and I look away. "I really don't want people to feel bad for me though. I mean, it's like a month ago I was a teenage girl in love with a boy band, and the next I'm living the life of a rock star dating one of the members. I mean honestly, how can I complain?"

 I smile and then it fades just as quickly as it's come. "Only this isn't a dream, this is a reality where I'm stalked by paparazzi, I have fans that are mad at me because I haven't released an album that I'm not even sure I can finish anymore, and all of these famous friends that look at me like we have an inside joke together, but I don't remember it! I don't remember the joke, and I don't think I ever will." By the time I finish, I'm talking more to myself and I must look insane, I look avert my eyes to the table and play with my hands. 

The table has fallen silent, and I'm afraid to look up. 

Suddenly, I feel two pairs of arms around my shoulders and I look up, VERY surprised to see Blanda and Danielle hugging me. 

"I'm so sorry!" Blanda cries, attracting some unwanted attention. 

Danielle holds me tighter, "We're always going to be here for you, you have us. You are not alone in this, and you will get it back. You have to have hope, sweetie." 

My mouth is open in shock still and tears spring to my eyes. "Thank you... wow, thank you guys." I stand up and turn around and we get into this awkward group hug and we're laughing and crying and I'm sure everyone in the restaurant is looking at us but I honestly don't care. 

I pull back and B wipes at my face, while Dani fixes my hair and I grin at them. I can tell that we're going to be great friends. 

They grin back and we turn to look at our boyfriends and we burst into laughter at their expressions. They're staring at us in a mixture of shock, amusement, and glancing at each other like we're insane. 

The smile never leaves my face as I take my seat back at Nick's side. Our waitress comes up and offers us refills. 

We continue like that for the rest of the night, laughing and joking around, no more talk about memory loss or paparazzi. 

And that's how I like it. 

~*~

It's about two o'clock in the morning when Nick and I come stumbling back into the apartment. 

After dinner we decided to watch a movie, and then another, and another and then we went and saw the Hollywood stars, which was amazing. 

After that we decided to go to a park around midnight and just sit under the stars. 

It was truly amazing. 

Now, stumbling in, trying to find the lights I laugh as Nick runs into a wall and curses. 

"Since when the fuck was that wall there?!"

I laugh harder and suddenly a light switches on. I see Nick look grumpily at me. "Found it." 

My laugh turns into giggles and he pulls me into an embrace as we walk down the hallway towards our room. 

"Shhh. You're going to wake everyone up." 

I smile at him. "I can't help it, you're too funny." 

Nick smiles at me and I can't help but ask, "Are we one of those disgustingly mushy couples?" 

He laughs loudly and covers his mouth, running for the room and pouncing on the bed. I shake my head at him. What a child. 

I then run and bounce on top of him, and grin down at him. 

He nods his head. "The mushiest." 

I giggle. "Good." 

He kisses my nose. "Good." 

You can guess how the rest of the night went. 

_______________________________________________

This really is just a filler chapter. Not going to school tomorrow, so more tomorrow!(: 

Crazy sick though, so maybe not.

I really feel like crap. Surprised I even got this little bit done. 

Oh well, just bare with me guys.