Chapter Thirty One - Could we?

The fact that he's proposing isn't what registers first, or the fact that the ring in the box is huge and beautiful and this moment is everything I would've ever hoped for. 

What registers first is the box itself. 

The box is purple with black trim, and engraved onto it is 'For the day'. I look Nick in the eyes and his smile captures my heart and I feel like I've truly seen heaven. The moments I've read about in romance books don't even come close to what's before me now. 

I nod my head, tears falling down my cheeks as I smile at the love of my life. "Yes, oh my god, of course!" 

Darren, Lea, and Chris burst into loud applause and whooping noises as Nick picks me up, spinning me around. He kisses me over and over again and we laugh as he almost falls down. He sets me down and slides the ring onto my finger. 

"Forever and always." 

I grin, "To the moon and back." 

The trio are looking at us in confusion, and I laugh with a sense of glee. For once I remember something that they don't. It's an amazing feeling. 

Nick smirks at them, happiness in his eyes which slide back to me a moment later. "I love you." 

I put my hands around his neck, pulling him toward me. "I love you." 

-*- 

We're sitting in Starbucks later, just Nick and I. We're sitting in the same side of a booth in the back, our fingers our intertwined, my head on his shoulder. Perrie comes up to us and smiles. 

"Do you guys need anything else?" She asks. 

Nick smiles kindly at her. "No, thank you." 

She nods and goes back to work and I look up at Nick. "So, what are we going to do today?" 

He tilts his head down and pecks me on the lips. "I was thinking..." He says, and stops seeming to deliberate over it. 

"What?" I sit up and look at him straight on. 

He takes my hands in his, "I was thinking we could meet up with Caren and George and talk about Rain." 

My eyes go wide. "Are you serious?" 

He squeezes my hands. "We don't have to, baby. It's just.. you were so upset. If you want to talk to them about seeing her we could. We could set up visits." 

I look at him. "I really want to see our baby girl." 

He nods, smiling. "Me too." 

I grin, hugging him tightly. He kisses me on the cheek as we pull away and gets his phone out. 

After a few seconds she picks up. 

"Hey, It's Nick we were-" 

He listens as she interrupts him and I see him smile, and then he laughs. "Okay great, see you there." 

He hangs up and smiles at me. "She already knew what I was going to ask. She said to meet her at her house in an hour. Rain will be at daycare." 

I smile and cuddle into him again. "Yes!" I whisper, and he chuckles. 

-*-

As we drive to her house, I ask Nick a question that's been on my mind since this morning. The morning I'll remember forever. 

"On the box, it said 'For the day'. What does that mean, babe?" 

He smiles at me. "I had it engraved especially for the day that you remember." He takes my hand in his and kisses it gently.