Fourteen - New Knowledge

"Are you and Nick still dating?" 

"How's he dealing with everything?"

"When is your album that was promised a month ago, coming out?"

Wow, these people get right to it. 

"How are you dealing with everything? Are you recovering alright?"

I take a deep breath and focus on the lady that asked, I smile at her. The cameras go crazy and all the reporters quiet down slightly as they know they finally got me to speak with them. 

"Everything's been pretty hard, but I'm adjusting. Uhm... I'm recovering yes. I-" Lea pokes me and whisper quickly in my ears. "They don't know about the memory loss!" 

My eyes widen at her. What an amazing time to tell me, really. She smiles at me apologetically. Questions continue to fly at me, and some aim their way towards her. 

"Lea! When is Glee set to start recording again?" 

"I heard you were coming out with a new single, what's it called?" 

"Sara! Lea! Are you doing any duets in the future? Is there a collaboration we should know about coming up?" 

Lea smiles at them and gives me a break, taking over and answering as many questions as she can. I nod and smile along, answering as many as I'm comfortable with and eventually we stop, take a few more pictures and make our way through the crowd.

They let up enough to let us through, backing away. 

I look back and say, surprised. "They're actually leaving us alone!" 

She nods. "Yeah, if we actually humor them and answer a few of their questions then they get pretty chill for a while. They won't leave us alone for long though, they have to upload everything and speak to their bosses, so that's the only reason."

She stops and takes a hold of my shoulders. "You did amazing back there. Seriously girl, you'll be good with this in no time. Now lets go shop." 

~*~

We're half way through our shopping list when I feel a small tug on my sleeve. I turn around and find two women behind me, well rather a teenager and a woman. Probably a mother and daughter. The girl looks to be about thirteen.

I smile at them questioningly and the woman nudges the teen forward. She walks up to Lea and I shaking a bit. 

"Um, oh my god..." She looks down and back up at us, never really maintaining eye contact. She whispers to herself, "This is SO FREAKING SURREAL!" She squeals a little and I take a tiny step back, smiling at her. 

"I'm such a huge fan of you guys! Lea, I love you on Glee seriously Rachel is so like me in a lot of ways and your hair is sooo cute and Sara you're my inspiration and oh my god you and Nick are just too DIE for like are you guys still dating because it would be a serious shame if you guys weren't oh my god I love you so much!!"

She finishes her huge run on sentence with another squeal and I look to Lea, and she just smiles at me, nodding towards the girl. 

I smile at her. "What's your name, sweetie?" 

Her eyes get wide, "My name's Kayla." 

I grin, "Well Kayla, do you have something we could sign?" 

She nods vigorously. She bulls out two CD albums and hands one to Lea, and one to me. 

I look at the album in my hand and almost gasp. Lea whispers to me, "Play it cool, it's your latest album, it came out about a year ago, just chill."