Twenty Four - Crumble.

234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239 - 

I get interrupted from pacing and counting my steps when Nick comes into the room with two coffees in his hands. He sets them down on the table and holds his arms out and I step into them immediately. 

He kisses my head. "Babe, you're going to be fine." 

"What if I totally blank? Or forget one of my lines? Or she asks me something that I don't know how to answer? Or-" 

He holds my face in his hands and stares at me, effectively cutting me off. 

"Sara. Ellen has been informed of your condition, and you know all of the questions she's going to ask, remember that letter we got in the mail, stating everything that's going to go on during this interview? Hun, you don't need to worry." 

My condition. 

I nod my head and look up just as Ellen is going to commerical. 

"When we come back, Sara Alexander will be sitting right here!" She says, pointing to the red seat beside her. The show cuts out to commerical and I look at Nick, my eyes wide. 

He grins at me. "It'll be fun, trust me. Ellen's hilarious." 

I nod. I know this. Every since I got the letter in the mail saying that she wants me on the show, I've spent every moment almost watching her show, seeing what's she's like. 

"Yeah, it'll be fine." I murmur to myself. 

A crew member comes in suddenly, "You have about three minutes, Sara!" She says, smiling at me. 

I nod, "Thanks." 

She grins and leaves the room and Nick sits down on the couch. "I'll be watching from here babe. It'll be great." He says, grinning. 

I smile and walk out the door, turning sharply at the corner and walking down the long corridor until I hit the hallway where I stand waiting. I watch the remaining commercials that will be aired with the episode and then the show comes back on. 

Ellen smiles at the camera, "Our first guest is idolized by millions of teenagers around the country, you know her from being one half of 'Nara', Sara Alexander!" Ellen stands up and I take a deep breath, walking out of the large doors and into the blinding lights. 

Pitbull's "Timber" is playing as I walk out and I move my arms awkwardly to the beat, and smile at Ellen. She grins back and she hugs me tightly as soon as I reach her. 

"You'll be fine, hun." She whispers in my ear. 

As we pull back I smile at her in thanks. 

The music fades out as we sit down and Ellen throws her hands up slightly. "So how have you been? It's been awhile since you've been here!"

I nod, "Yeah it's crazy, a little over a year I think." I say and she nods back. 

"So the last time you were here we were talking about your latest album 'Peace in my heart' and now you have a new album out," She takes it from the table and looks at it. "'After'. What inspired this?" 

"Well, this past year has been a big one for me. A lot of things have happened, some good, some bad. I've really been tested in different ways, my morals have been put to the test. But in the end, after everything, I'm me. The little things that don't matter can't change a person in the long run. When you have friends and family helping you through everything you can come out of it smiling." The audience breaks into a loud applause and I grin, I guess it was good enough. I was hoping it was, I'd been practicing it for the last few weeks.