Seventeen - Confessions & Pillow Fights

Swimming was absolutely beautiful, the sun was shining throughout the whole day and after a few hours we left, laughing and making jokes. 

As we walk back to the car I look up at him. We're holding hands and just walking leiursely. "Thank you, that was really fun." I squeeze his hand, smiling.

Nick grins down at me, "Anytime, before... everything we used to go there quite a lot. It was our spot." His smile falters as we get to the car, like he suddenly remembered something, and he suddenly puts me up against the car, both of his arms on either side of my  head. 

He stares at  me, "What's in the past, is in the past Sara and I don't want to go back there. I want you to get your memory back, yes but if you don't... we don't have to worry about it. We can make new memories. You and I were in a bad place before the accident. We were constantly fighting and.. It was really just bad. So," He cups my face in his hand and lifts my chin up. "Stop worrying so much, okay? I can see you worry, constantly. I see it on your face." 

I pull away from him and lean my head back on the car, needing some distance. How can he tell me not to worry? I don't remember anything. "That's a nice thought. It really is, but it will never work." He starts to talk and I hold my hand out, telling him to let me speak. He stops and looks at me, pained. "I can't just stop worrying. I can't stop thinking about this." 

I push off of the car and stand directly in front of him, willing myself to explain this correctly to him. 

"There is this empty spot inside of me." I say, looking at him, pleading with him to understand. "It's like my heart, my body, my everything, except for my mind remembers. I have this emptiness inside me that doesn't seem to have a reason. Knowing that there's memories that I don't have anymore, it's like a hole in my chest." I look down at my hands, and then up at the trees, a tear falling down my cheek. "Sometimes I think the pain of it might kill me." 

I feel his arms around me and he pulls me to his chest. "You're going to be fine, Sara. Just fine."

He doesn't say anything else, and neither do I. We stay in that embrace for a while and then we go home. The day suddenly not feeling so bright anymore. 

~*~

I wake up the next day with Nick's arms absent from around me. I sit up, feeling slightly panicked, but remember that he had to go back to the studio today to finish recording his new song. 

I let myself fall back on the bed. I don't want to do anything today. Nothing. I just want to sit here and sulk, and feel sorry for myself. 

I don't get much time to even think about doing that, for seconds later my door bursts open and in comes Darren, Chris, and Lea. They all plop around on the bed beside me and pull the covers all the way off my body. 

Good thing I don't sleep nude.

I open my eyes and look at them, annoyed. 

"I really, REALLY do not want company today. I just want to lay in bed all day, is that too much to ask for?" 

Lea laughs, not the least bit taken aback my sharp tone. "Sorry girlie, no can do. You're coming with us today." 

I groan and push my head into my pillow, "No." My voice is muffled and I hear chuckles. 

The pillow is swiftly taken from beneath my head. "Get up, or this will be a three against one pillow fight, and trust me, you will lose." I hear Chris say, and I turn my body around and all three of them have pillows aimed at me, ready to strike. 

My eyes widen and I supress a laugh, acting serious. "No no! Okay, I'm up!" 

They all relax and I laugh victoriously as I snatch Chris's pillow from him and smack him over the head with it. 

He gasps. "Oh it's ON." 

I giggle and Lea shouts, "Girl's against gays!" 

Darren and Chris stop for a moment with a "Really?" look on their face and Lea and I look at each other and laugh and then take advantage, we ambush them with pillows, two in each hand and make them fall off of the bed, onto the plush carpet with heavy thuds. 

Darren is the first one up, pillow clutched tightly. "It. Is. So. On." 

We laugh and squeal as we run out the door, heading for the living room. I feel a heavy smack on my back and run faster, we go behind the couch and the boys stop in front of it. Chris looks at us, and they both smile sinisterly. "It's only a matter of time, you guys should just surrender now." Darren says, cackling evily. 

I laugh. "Not going to happen!" 

Right as they're about to jump over the couch it looks like, the front door bursts open and in comes a middle aged man I've never seen in my life. 

Chris and Darren stop mid swing and step off the couch quickly. "Ryan!"

Lea smiles at him, and jumps up and hugs him. 

Ryan laughs and looks at all of us. "Okay, so I've obviously walked in on something, uh... but I've just come to see if you guys were ready? We really need you guys on set, like now." He looks at Lea. "Especially you, Rachel." I look at him, confused. Rachel? And then it comes to me, Glee. Oh. Duh. 

Chris and Darren scramble and get ready quickly and Lea looks at me. "Get ready, you're coming with us today. We're not leaving you alone, not after last time." 

I look at her, and chuckle. Thinking about the warehouse incident. "Okay." 

I grab my shoes and my purse and finish getting ready, just in time, as everyone else seems to be as well. 

We walk out the door and there's a black SUV waiting outside when we get out of the complex. 

As we get in, I have to ask. "So where are we going, you guys are filming?" 

They all nod. 

Lea grins. "Yep! You're going to meet everyone, finally. Our second family." She smiles at Chris and Darren and they smile too. 

My eyes widen and I grimace but try to smile back, suddenly very nervous.