Dante's brother

Your POV

I walked back to Zenix' house. My bag over my shoulder. I was almost there when I realised something.
"I don't like Gene.." I said and stopped.
"You don't like my older brother?" A voice behind me said.
I turned around and saw.. Dante?!
"Oh! Uh hi Dante! Um.. I don't really .. I didn't mean it like.." I tried finding an explanation.
"Don't worry. I don't like him either" Dante said. "But you two have met?"
"Yeah, after the party you guys have me" I explained and shook my head it doesn't matter.
"Um (y/n)?" Dante asked.
"Hm?" I hummed in response.
"Why were you talking about Gene anyways?"
"Well, my friend asked me to stay at his house for a night so Gene wouldn't make him do stuff.. Or something" I explained.
"Your 'friend'? What's his name?" Dante asked me.
"Zenix"
"ZENIX?! No, nope, no I repeat no!" Dante shook his head and grabbed my wrist to drag me away.
"What? Dante! What's wrong?" I asked.
"Zenix is clearly up to something (y/n). Don't trust him!" he said looking me in the eyes.
I pulled my hand back and crossed my arms.
"Geez Dante! I've been talking to him all day and he's perfectly fine!" I exclaimed.
"All day!? Are you crazy? He could've hurt you! That guy is a freak!"
My jaw dropped and I slowly stepped away from Dante.
"I can't believe you, Dante! Zenix is an amazing guy! He's friendly, helpful, kind.. Okay maybe he has some bad sides but everybody has those! So what if he showed his bad sides in high school?! That doesn't mean he's a freak!" I scolded him.
"B-but he slams holes in the wall when he's mad and he-!"
"I never did that" a voice behind me said.
I turned and saw Zenix himself standing behind me. His eyes looked hurt at what Dante had said.
"Z-Zenix! (Y/n) quickly come here!" Dante said after jumping in surprise.
"I'm staying here Dante! Zenix is my friend! Why don't you go back to your filthy men cave.. Or something!" I said still with my arms crossed.
Dante lowered his "alright.. Sorry" he walked away and looked over his shoulder a few times.
I sighed deeply and watched him go.
"D-did you m-mean that?" Zenix asked stuttering.
I turned to face him and smiled.
"Of course! Why else would I hang with you?" I said and stuck out my tongue.
He smiled at me, I swear I saw him blush too, and made a motion for me to follow him inside. I did that and put my bag on the table.
"Gene should be here any minute now.." Zenix said.
After a bit of silence I wanted to start a conversation, instead of looking at the ground or ceiling the whole time.
"So.. Um.. I heard about this girl.. Sasha? You were friends with her in high school right?" I asked him.
"Y-yeah but she had a boyfriend who lives on the other side of the country, so she isn't in town right know.." He explained while looking at his phone.
*ding dong*
"That'll be him" Zenix said and he stood up.
He walked to the front door and opened it.
"Hey Zenix" a cool voice said.
"Hello Gene" Zenix responded.
"So.. You became friends with that girl we met two weeks ago?" Gene said while walking in.
I stood up and crossed my arms.
"That 'girl' is right here" I said when they walked in the living.
Gene looked at me and then to Zenix "so that's who you invited" he said.
Zenix sighed, clearly regretting asking me to stay over, and said "yeah, now Gene meet (y/n), (y/n) meet Gene. Gene please don't be a jerk to (y/n) she's a nice person"
I blushed at Zenix' comment not only that but I didn't expect Zenix of all people to say that to Gene.
"Of course not! Now that she's your friend, she's mine as well" he smirked at me.

We ended up talking, gaming and watching movies. Gene told me a lot about high school and other stuff. He isn't half as bad as I though.. Maybe I can consider him as a 'friend' after all..

Zenix POV  (a new POV yay!)

I looked at (y/n) and Gene who were making puns. (Y/n) didn't seem to mind he was a bad boy. They get along better then I thought.
"Her face was amazing when I said that!" Gene told (y/n) "of course not as amazing as yours" he winked at her.
(Y/n) giggled and blushed. Wait a second... Did Gene just flirt with her!? And she blushed?! I glared at Gene, with anger in my eyes, and crushed the potato chip I was holding. (Y/n) must've noticed because she looked at me and tilted her head. "Is something wrong Zenix?" She asked with a sweet voice.
"N-no everything is okay, as long as you're  here" I stuttered.
"Aaw Zenix!" She said and blushed slightly. Take that Gene!
I eyed Gene who looked annoyed and stuck out my tongue when (y/n) wasn't looking.
"So (y/n).. Tell me a bit more about yourself. Like your hobbies and all" Gene 'purred'.
(Y/n) grabbed her drink and after sipping it she happily chirped "well I used to go to a high school in a different city like I told you before.. And um.. Well I was in the light music club, I played a few instruments and still do actually.. Oh! And I love to dance every now then!"
"Oh really~?well I used to take dance classes" Gene said.
"Really?  Maybe we can dance together sometime!" She smiled and Gene nodded.
"What about you Zenix?" She asked facing me.
"M-me? Oh I um.. N-never really-" Gene cut me off.
"Zenix never really had any hobbies beside being a member of the shadow knights"
"I see.." She yawned and stretched "I think I'm gonna go sleep"
"Y-your room is on the end of the hallway the right door" I quickly said.
"Okay thanks.. See you guys.. *yawn* tomorrow" she said while walking up the stairs. So cute..
I turned to Gene.
"So, you like her?" He asked.
"Like who?"
"(Y/n)" Gene said bluntly.
My face reddened and I whisper yelled "so what if I do?!"
"I like her too" he said "she suits me. She's smart and loyal"
"Don't you dare to touch her!" I cursed at him.
"How about we make it a competition? The first one to win her wins of course " Gene said.
"You little- s-she isn't some kind of object!" I almost yelled.
"Don't worry Zenix. I know that and.. I'd never just use her. I actually really like her" gene said.
"Fine.." I sighed.
"Fine what?" Gene asked. I kept a straight face.

"I accept your stupid challenge"

---
Hiya reader-chan!
So Zenix and Gene like you huh? I wonder what's going to happen!
Anyways I'm going through a little writers block so slow updates are possible but I'll do what I can !

Author-chan out! Bye!