Into the woods part 2

Zane's POV

I looked at the nervous girl in front of me. I can't believe it.. I thought.
"We should tell the others then" I said and was about to walk to where Aphmau and the others were but (y/n) grabbed my sleeve. I turned to look at her.
A few minutes ago (y/n) came to me and dragged me away from the camping spot to 'talk'. She told me that she had forgotten her sleeping bag and didn't know what to do.
"Please don't.. I don't want them to think I'm a 'noob' at camping.. I-if you help me I'll give you something small.." She said, her cheeks were pink and she looked down at the ground as if she was sad and worried, so cute!
"A-alright" I said and pulled up my scarf to hide my blush. "But what do you plan on doing then? Sleep on the ground. You're going to get a cold or something."
"I don't know what to do... Maybe we could share your sleeping bag?" (Y/n) said.
Share?! My blush probably increased to the rest of my face because (y/n) frowned and asked:"Zane are you alright? Your face is all red."
"I'm fine!" I shook my head and stepped back a bit "alright then .. We can s-share my sleeping bag"
"Really!? Thank you so much Zane!" She said and hugged me.
"U-uh no problem" I stuttered.
"Hey, (y/n)! Zane! Where are you guys? Not making out now are you!?" We heard Katelyn yell.
"Making out!?!?" The guys shouted at the same time.
I rolled my eyes and started walking back with (y/n) close behind me.

Your POV

I followed Zane back to the others and smiled happily. I'm so glad Zane is a good friend. I thought.
When we reached the camping spot everyone was in their swimming suits.
"Um? What's going on?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"There's a lake nearby, we're going to swim" Aphmau explained "wanna join?"
"Pass" Zane said.
"Sure! Let me change real quick." I said and walked to the tents.

-timeskip-

I looked at the shining water of the lake.
"Woah! It looks beautiful!" I said.
"Y-yeah.." Garroth said from behind me.
"Stop looking at (y/n) Garroth. Let's go swim!" Aphmau said and dragged Garroth to the lake.
Vylad walked up behind me and took my hand.
"Let's go m'lady" he said grinning.
I giggled "alright!"
We walked to the lake and I was about to step in, but Vylad pushed me in the water. When I came back to the surface I looked at him and growled.
"Vylad! That's not funny!" I yelled.
Vylad laughed and said "alright then! Here I come!" He jumped in the water beside me, splashing water all over me, even though I was already wet.
We played in the water for a bit and when it became dark we decided to go back to Zane, and Katelyn who stayed behind. While walking back I looked at Aphmau suspiciously.
"Hey Aph, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked.
"Sure (n/n), what's up?" Aphmau asked and walked closer to me.
"Why did you barely go into the deep water?" I asked.
"What?! Oh! Heh no reason!" Aphmau quickly said.
I raised an eyebrow, not really believing her and said "Oooh yeah? Are you sure?"
"Yeah! Totally! One hundred percent sure!" Aphmau nervously said.
I looked at her with my special 'I know you're lying, you can't hide anything from me' face and crossed my arms.
"A-alright... The truth is.. I can't.. S.w.i.m." Aphmau whispered.
"You can't sw- mmhmpf!" Aphmau covered my mouth before I could finish talking.
"Sh! Don't tell anyone please!" She begged and removed her hand again.
"Alright.. I won't, you have your reasons and I understand" I said and smiled at her.
"Thanks (y/n)" Aphmau said smiling back at me.
We walked back to the others and went to the camping spot.
When we arrived (so many timeskips tho) we changed clothes again and started roasting marshmallows. We told each other stories, everybody was having a good time.
"Alright (y/n)! Your turn!" Aphmau said excitedly.
"Hmm.. Okay! I think I know one, it's called 'ghost on the track'" I said. "The number 12B Train was on its usual journey from Royston to Monkton taking workers to and from the coking factory. The day was supposed to be wet and gloomy and a mist is said to have swept in from the east that cold autumn night. The moon was full looking over Royston that night but still wives and children waited patiently for the men to return home .......SAFELY. "
"AGHHHH!" Garroth yelled.
"Garroth that wasn't the scary part of the story yet!" I said.
"The train hurried along that night leaving behind the company of the factory and entered the bleak and lonely night." Vylad continued the story.
"Hey! You remember that story!" I said surprised.
"Of course I do!" Vylad said.
"Can you continue now..." Katelyn groaned.
"Oh yeah!" I grinned and continued telling the story "The train was nearing the tunnel that night but the driver saw an old man crossing the tracks so he ordered the train to halt. It was too late the man was hit and the driver wandered where the man's body was, until the old man appeared before him and stated these words 'Sleep safely this night as it will be your last.' Every one who was on that train died mysteriously that night and the tracks were closed, but now the superstition has passed and the tracks will open again."
"Okay.. That was interesting" Aaron mumbled.
"heh.. Maybe not the best story but.. It's all I could think about" I said.
"It was good!" Laurence said "Garroth seemed to have liked it."
"uh.. Where is Garroth?" Katelyn asked looking at where Garroth was sitting.
"Oh he's hiding behind that tree" Travis replied pointing at a tree.
We were only able to see his butt sticking out from behind the tree.
"O...Kay..." Katelyn said and looked back at us "I think I'm gonna crash, see you guys tomorrow"

Zane POV

I straightened when I noticed everyone was going to their tents. (Y/n) stood up and looked at me.
"Z-zane? Let's go okay?" she said.
I nodded, my face was heating up again. What's with me?!
"Zane is everything alright?" (y/n) asked.
"Y-yes" I quickly said.
"Then come on! I'm tired" she grabbed my hand and dragged me to the tent.
Before we laid down I thought of something.
"Hey (y/n), I think I'm just going to lay on the ground. It'll be less awkward and-" before I could finish, she cut me off.
"No way I'm gonna let you do that Zane! You'll catch a cold" (y/n) said and opened my sleeping bag. "L-let's just get in" she said blushing.
"A-alright.."
We awkwardly crawled in the sleeping bag and were pressed against each other. After we managed to find a 'comfortable' position. Right now (y/n) was on her side, with her back to me. I didn't care that her back was turned to me. I cared that she was so close to me I could hear her heartbeat! I took a deep breath okay calm down Zane.. Just.. Do as Garroth would do! Wait! Why would I want to do that?
I felt a light breeze on my back and shivered. I scooted a bit closer to (y/n) and wrapped my arm around her waist. I snuggled close to her.
I can't believe this is happening! Honestly I don't really mind, but still! I bet the guys would be freaking out right now, hehehe.
I closed my eyes, hoping I would be able to fall asleep. Irene... We're so close..

Three days later (another time skip!)

Your POV

I was sitting on the couch with my laptop on my lap. Max was sitting next to me, tapping on his phone. Those two days that I was gone, I had been spammed by Cornelia and Abigail. They told me that Sonic Love Life was going to give a concert soon, in Phoenix drop! I was excited and scared at the same time. What if Aphmau and the others find out? Maybe I shouldn't care so much. I mean, how big is the chance?
I jumped by the sound of the doorbell and almost dropped my laptop.
"Really (n/n)? That's what scared you?" Max asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Shut up!" I said and threw a pillow at his face.
I walked to the door and opened it. What surprised me more then the doorbell was the person at the door.
"Zane? What are you doing here?" I asked, looking at the strangely nervous Zane.
"Uh... Y-you said that if I'd help you with your problem with the sleeping back that I would get a surprise or something" Zane said.
"Hm...?" I thought for a moment then remembered I did say that.
"Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Close your eyes!" I said smiling.
"Oh! Uh okay.." Zane said and quickly closed his eyes.
I stepped closer and kissed him on the cheek. Zane squeaked I'm surprised and jumped back. His face was all red.
"W-why d-did you do t-that?!" He asked trying to hide his blush.
"That was your surprise! Don't.. You like it?"
"What? Of course I liked it! Er, I mean I.."
"Good! Cuz I ain't gonna buy you anything!" I stuck out my tongue teasingly "well, see you around Zane!"
"B-bye.."
I closed the door and leaned against it. My face heated up why did I do that?! I can't believe it! Eek! That was the most embarrassing moment of my life! Okay maybe not the most but... Agh! I kissed Zane!

Aye! Author-sama here!
I know it was a bad chapter, I can do better than this...
Buuuuuut I had a deadline so I had to hurry! The next chapter will be late as well since I have exams coming up. So I'll probably send a new one in the week of 19 December..
Anyways! I hope you guys enjoyed it and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bah-bye!

(Anybody got that reference? Yes? No? Okay I'll go)