Chapter 1

Ok, so this the first chapter. I want comments and votes to know your response! Thank you!

Emily's photo to the right hand side. --------> _____________________________________________________________________________

"Just remember me, okay?" She wiped her tears with another tissue.

"Mother, Stop being so dramatic!" I held her by the shoulders.

"I'm not being dramatic!" She protested as she threw that tissue into the dustbin and pulled out another.

"Seriously? I mean, that's the fourth tissue box." I rolled my eyes.

Everytime we came to Mother's, this was what happened. We get ready to leave to go back to Dad's and she starts having a break down.

My mother had always been emotional and she's been known to make some irrational decisions influenced by these emotions. Some of them she came to regret.

"I know! Don't mock at me. Both of you always seem to forget me when you are with your Dad." She blinked her eyes and looked at me.

We never are with our Dad, I wanted to say to here.

My parents had a messy divorce, one no child should have to go through.

After a year of fighting and threats to sue, they finally came to an arrangement.

My sister and I were to stay with Dad to complete the rest of our schooling. After living in Houston for fifteen years, we were made to leave our home.

"We will never ever forget you, okay? And you could always visit us there, I mean; Brooklyn is your hometown too." I tried to reason out for the hundredth time.

"Yeah, but...David needs me. I have to look to my new marriage too, right?" She smiled but again that line of worry appeared on her forehead.

Sure, her second marriage after Dad.

"You sure you'll be alright?" She asked again, sniffing.

"Mother!" I started laughing. It was worse than last time. Lucky Rebecca fled to her room before this could begin. She must have known this was coming.

"It's not like I'm going there for the first time! I have been there for four months now, remember? I go to a school there?" I tried to explain things to her like a mother would do to her child of five. I was enrolled in a prestigious school and everything was going great until one evening Mother called us back here as she missed us very much.

Both of us were going to spend the weekend with Mom, not of our free will though.

"I remember that!" She pouted. God! It was really like a parenting course for me. I was here, in L.A, with my Mother and her new husband David Jamieson.

My mother didn't really care much about Houston. Sure, she had a family there with my Dad. It's not they had any memories attached to it.

We only knew about the sale she put on our house because she asked us to clear out our things.

"Ok, you both should get going." She looked at her watch. The lines of panic were clearly seen on her face.

"I know, we should rush otherwise we'll be late. You should try explaining this to your elder daughter." I spun her around as both of us watched our dear Ms. Rebecca pulling her bag along and looking at herself in the mirror.

"Rebecca Sky! It's already one hour since I told you get ready." My mother scolded her but Rebecca just rolled her eyes. Clearly my mother knew how to scold.

"Mom, being on time isn't as important as being presentable is." She threw her hair behind and put a hand on her hip and eyed me. I rolled my eyes.

I could almost hear Ron Weasley saying 'This girl needs to sort out her priorities.'

"Whatever." I said as I looked at the time.

"Ok, enough girls. Rebecca, help your younger sister with the bags." Mother told her.

"No ways! She isn't younger. I'm just two minutes elder to her!" Rebecca protested.

I gave her a look. "Not the sharpest tool in the box, are we?"

"Rebecca-"

"Mother, cut it out. You think Her Highness, Lady Rebecca would pick up bags? She'll need more two servants for picking up her handbag. Lazy ass." I said as I picked up our bags and loaded them inside the car.

"You lazy ass." Rebecca said, pointing her tongue at me childishly, as she sat inside the car.

"Please." I shut the door.

"Bitch please." Rebecca retorted.

"Shut it, both of you!" Mother scolded as she started the engine.

"This is probably the last time I'll see you. Ta-ta till six months!" Mother sobbed.

Both of us looked at each other as we knew what would follow. Another tissue box used up.

"Here you go." Rebecca kept a tissue box on the dashboard.

"I'm not gonna cry." Mother sobbed again.

"Yeah right." Both of us said together.

____________________________________________________________

Alright. So a new plot, new characters, new twists, new ideas! Quite exciting, huh?

I'll really appreciate some comments and votes.

Nothing is better than new readers. :D

Also, do read my other books, Married With Benefits and The UnWanted Passenger. :)

Question of the day:

Drew Roy or Zac Efron ?

Please vote, comment and read on!

Yours,

Emily.