Chapter 14- Dylan Castle's P.O.V.

"I love you like a love song baby! And I keep repeat-peat-peat-uhhh!" Quartza kept singing along with Selena Gomez. I crunched my nose as I took in the lyrics and let out a small chuckle.

Oh, the irony.

"What?" She asked me.

Her eyebrows frowned as she tried to look intimidating.

"Nothing." I chuckled again.

My dear Quartza. So clueless as always.

"Yeah right. Nothing." She rolled her eyes. And then continued humming to the song as she scrolled through her phone.

I rarely see Quartza on her phone. All the time I've spent with her until now, she's definitely the least socially active girl.

Did she even own an Insta?

"Don't you think it's ironic?" I asked as the song ended.

"Me sitting in the car with the guy I do not like? Yeah, pretty much." She said sarcastically.

Always believe her to degrade my confidence and wound my ego.

"You said you don't believe in love and here you are, sitting in the car with the guy you do not like, singing love songs." I again chuckled. A blush rose in her cheeks and I felt like pinching them. She looked cute when she blushed.

I shook my head, gripping onto the wheel tighter.

Not a healthy thought buddy. Not healthy at all.

"It's not like I don't believe in love. I am...allergic to love. Moreover, I have no enmity towards love songs. They are nice; I just don't relate to them, that's all." She concluded, answering after a long moment.

"You know that you're weird right?" I said jokingly.

"I've heard that before." She muttered, looking out of the window. She sounded sad and upset about something. I suddenly had an instant urge to make her happy.

Yo, Dylan bro. What's wrong with you? Keep your balls, alright?

I accelerated the car so that we could reach the venue soon. I wanted to get rid of this weird feeling and being surrounded by girls will be a good diversion. Party is all about drunk chicks. Chicks who are ready to get laid anytime I want, though they don't have to be drunk for that.

I have no idea what this girl was doing to me but I am smart enough to understand that it is not healthy for me. I don't do feelings. Maybe once in a while some girls caught my attention, and I felt generous enough to date them.

But Quartza? She didn't demand my attention. She got it all willingly. She didn't catch my eye. They just landed on her and now, they don't wish to move at all.

Being around this girl, made me feel like being myself, being a playful guy not always the one who put a façade of cool. Not the kind of guy who always wants to flirt with chicks or make out. Though confidence comes naturally, I cannot help being humorous around her. I can't help acting like myself.

The guy who cares about her feelings? The guy who actually has an aim in life? The guy who does really want to succeed? She makes want to be that guy. She makes me want to be a better man. She doesn't demand I change. She doesn't insist on it. And miraculously, it's happening on it's own. Like the universe playing a really dirty game with me.

I shook my head. No. I wasn't going to fall for her. I wasn't going to like her. I don't want the history to repeat itself. No, the history won't repeat itself. I'll be away from this girl like I managed to do for one week. I won't even think about her. Yeah, that's about right. But I couldn't help thinking, what if she didn't know Hunter? We both could have been friends...I shook my head. What's wrong with me?

Hunter is her best friend. When the time came and she would know It all, know the mistakes I made, she'll choose him. I don't doubt that.

But I just can't stop thinking what if.