Chapter 9: I never knew I could debate!

"So, this Dylan Castle guy." I said as Lisa and I walked in our next class- Biology Lab.

"What about him?" Her eyes lit up with excitement.

"What kind of guy is he? I mean good or...I should stay away from him?" I asked, stepping away from her. You never know when a crazy fan girl can actually go crazy and start jumping over you.

"Stay away from him? Pftt! Like that is even possible." Lisa rolled her eyes.

"I could."I shrugged.

"Look, Dylan Castle, he is a total player and hardly ever attends his classes regularly." She hushed.

"Player?" Well, that didn't seem like a surprise. Most guys in this high-school were. All of them wanted to be the 'bad boys'.

"Yeah. Last I have heard his longest relationship was for twelve days."

"Twelve days?! I am beginning to hate this guy now." I muttered.

"Oh, don't say that out loud." She looked alarmed.

"Yeah, I remember. The crazy fan girls." I shook my head and Lisa laughed.

I never really understood the concept of fan girls. What did they actually do? And why would they fight for a guy they barely even knew?

"Settle down kids." The professor entered and waited till all of us settled down.

I was sitting alone as Lisa, the only one I knew yet was sitting with Ethan. I remember that guy because he is one of Hunter's close buddies. I bet Lisa has a crush on Ethan. I have never seen her act this nervous around any guy.

"So kids, as discussed in the last lab, we will be doing today observation of Slides of Mitosis. You need to note down every phase and grades on this one are important. Remember, it is supposed to be a team work. Co-operate with your neighbors." The teacher ended as he moved around, distributing sheets of paper. This was going to be easy, it was Biology after all. 'The easiest subject possible.'

"Ok guys, get started." The teacher ordered. I wrote down my name on the plain sheet of paper and left the space for partner empty. I didn't have one.

"What are you doing here so late?" The teacher said in a livid tone but I did not look up. It wasn't easy to distract me while working. I quietly cleaned the slides.

"I was with Ms. Cooper for some administrative purpose." My head snapped up when I heard the voice. It was him, standing there, at the entrance. He was running a hand through his jet-black hair that was already tousled and messed up.

"Get in." Mr. Warner said, eager to get back to the lecture.

"You're the best professor ever." He winked at the teacher as he walked past him and sat down beside me.

"What are you doing here?!" I hissed.

"Do you always have to repeat the same question?" His cocky grin was plastered on his face and I gritted my teeth.

"You..."

"Now no talking there." Mr. Warner warned and I immediately looked down towards the paper.

Then I realized something. I was going to curse. Something I never did to anyone, of course Rebecca was an exception. What was in this person?

"So what do we have to do?" He interrupted again.

"Surveillance of Permanent slides of Mitosis." I said as I took the microscope in front of me.

"Ok, let me repeat it in uncomplicated pure English. What are we doing today in this lab?" He chuckled.