Chapter 28: Jeez jealous much?

Hey! So guys, I know I am updating after a really long time but, writer's block. Cant help it. And I just added dozens of books to my library.

_____________________________________________________Chapter 28: Jeez, jealous much?

I won't call him.

I told myself for the hundredth time in past three minutes, yeah I have been keeping a track.

It was Monday. Rebecca was back to normal. She was smiling, taunting, jumping and making the cheer team's life hell. As a big game is coming up, she is making them practice almost five hours in a day. Moreover, if she isn't happy, we are back to square one and the worst part is, she doesn't cut anyone some slack. I am just glad I ain't in that team.

So, back to my mantra- do not call him. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out whom I am talking about, right? Since that moment, I felt like talking to him. I was going to call him that night itself but I figured I would look too clingy like his pathetic ex-girlfriends.

I remember when I was with him once, his phone was continuously ringing and he did not even pay any heed. He himself told me it was his ex who didn't know when to let go. So yeah, I did not call him. Later that day, when I went for a shower, I returned, feeling better only to see a missed call- Castle. I hurriedly called him back but his phone was busy. I cut it off on the first ring itself. Since that time, I felt like calling him again. I could call him, asking why he had called me, right? Someone tell my mind that! Now it has been approximately thirty hours, not that I was keeping a track of it, and the only thing I want to do, is call him.

You are going to meet him anyway.

Yeah, I am. But will I certainly? Castle was known for skipping classes and never did he attend his classes before lunch, that's one of the two classes we had together. Why doesn't Hunter freaking come?! Yesterday Hunter texted me that he wanted to pick me up today. I said yes. It was a good start, things were getting back to normal and he never ever tried to see me as anything more than a friend did, and I was grateful for that. Hunter's car approached and I smiled as I got in the car. Do not call him.

"Hey, can you meet me after school today? Starbucks?" He asked, running a hand through his hair. This meant he was frustrated. I knew him sonce past four months. I sure can tell how he is feeling by looking at his body language. We had reached school but Hunter still hand one hand on the wheel. "Sure, what's the matter?" I asked as I zipped my bag and kept my phone in the pocket. "I...I wanted to talk about something." I looked at him. "Not about us!" He instantly said. I laugh softly. "I know. That's history, right?" "And you know my history isn't good. I tend to forget stuff." He wink and laughed along with me.

After a moment of peaceful silence, Hunter spoke again."Thanks Emily. For giving me a chance." He said, looking straight. "Anytime Hunter. Everyone makes mistakes but it is what you do to fix those mistakes which define who you really are as a person."

"What is this? Quote of the day or something?" He chuckled. "You could say so." I winked at him. "But seriously, thank you. I couldn't bear the loss of a true friend, my best friend." This time, he looked into my eyes and there was only one emotion- sincerity. "Neither could I." I leaned in and kissed him on his cheek. Now that I know everything is back to normal, I doing this was completely acceptable.

I saw Castle at the lockers. I don't know what he was doing there since he never carried a bag with him but still, he was there. I had a chance of talking to him now. I was mess, constantly arguing with my brain and it was giving me a headache so I had to talk to the person who forced me to act like Frank Zhang.

"Castle!" I said loudly as walked towards him but at that same moment, he turned his back and walked towards the opposite direction.

"What is it between them?"