Chapter 26: Castle's P.O.V

Castle's P.O.V:

"Care to explain where you were the last night?" Mom asked me as I entered the house, yawning. Hey! I was awake the whole night. I yawned once more before answering.

"Must be at some girl's place." Cassie taunted as she kept the phone. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out whom she was talking to- Drew.

It's crazy how crazy they drove each other yet always seemed to make up.

"Dylan, answer my question." Mom demanded as I moved upstairs. I was practically dragging myself up the stairs.

"You heard Cassie." I yawned.

"Wait, you are saying I am right?" Cassie exclaimed in surprise.

As is evident from her facial expression, we don't agree that often. We are the typical brother and sister who fought tooth and nail.

"What's the point in denying something right?" I asked lousily.

"What was the girl's name?" Mom enquired.

"Quartza." I answered as I opened my room's door.

"Emily?!" My Mom and sister shouted cheerfully. Jeez! I am going to sleep now. Can't I have some moments of silence?

"Dylan, were you at Emily's?" Cassie entered my room, WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, and so did my mom.

Both of them gossiped, a lot. One of the many reasons why I haven't brought many girls home. My mom and Cassie either embarrassed the sh*t out of them or interrogated them.

"Yes! I already answered your question." I muttered as I collapsed in my bed.

"Did you two sleep together?" My Mom enquired. For normal teenage guys, this would be embarrassing conversation but for me, it wasn't. We were one of those crazy families who never hid anything from each other.

"No Mom!" The thought horrified me.

I don't know why. Sure I found her attractive and she'd be great in bed too but somehow, I wanted this girl around. So that meant sex was off limits.

"You should." She said bluntly.

"No, I shouldn't. Now, out of my room." I ordered.

"Now, now Mister. You were out of the house without my permission and you talking like this would land you into trouble." She warned.

"Yeah? Like what?" I yawned once more. Remind me, why was I even having this conversation?

"Grounded for the weekend." She said. Blackmail queen. My mom was the queen of all the blackmailers in the world.

"No!" I sat up on my bed straight.

"I have promised Quartza to take her out today!" I informed them. Where was all the sleep gone now, huh?

"A date?!" My mom and Cassie shouted together like teenage girls and bounced on their places.

"No! Just two friends hanging out." I defended. Were we friends? I don't know. We are always at each other's throat but I enjoy this bicker. Our arguments feel nice. My heart warmed instantly on thinking about her.

"Don't lie to us Danny." Cassie said.

"Cassie why are you even here?! Aren't you supposed to be with Drew? Joined at hip?"

"That isn't very nice Dylan." She sneered.

"Never said I was nice." I shrugged and again fell down on the bed.

"Whatever." She said and exited the room.

"Mom, you could leave too. A guy needs some sleep." I said and then went off to sleep.

I slept for seven hours straight, like a baby. I showered, wore a button down shirt and jeans and picked up my phone.

"Hey Quartza." I spoke on the phone as I climbed down the stairs.

"Hey Castle, missing me?" She asked and I could imagine her smirking and raising her eyebrows. Her question surprised me. She wasn't so bold normally.

"How did you know?" I replied before I looked like a complete idiot in front of her.

"I'm glad." She said.

"I'm glad that you are glad." I smirked. She hated me playing around with words.

"Yeah right." I am sure she just rolled her eyes.

"So, what are you doing?" I asked her as I ate a sandwich.

"Watching a stripping scene." She answered frankly.

"What?!" I coughed as the sandwich was stuck in my throat. I saw Cassie giving me strange looks.

"Don't worry. I am watching We Are the Millers." She laughed and I smirked.

"And you did not think of inviting me?" I asked her.

"I'm offended." I said before she could say anything.

"Ouch." I said.

"Nope. I cannot bear two perverts at the same time." She laughed but I could sense nervousness in her voice.

"Two? Who else?" My fist clenched absent-mindedly while Cassie mouthed, "Jealous!" I glared at her. Quartza had better not hear that.

"Hunter." She answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I took two deep breaths before steadying myself. So both of them made up. So? It shouldn't affect me.

"Oh, so the plan cancelled?" I asked for confirmation. Why did my heart sink? Well, she would be the first girl to cancel out on me.

Alright. Not the first. But you have to believe me when I say this, it's a rare scene.

"No." She quickly said and I had to laugh. Looks like someone else is excited too.

That thought made me smile.

"So I'll pick you up in twenty?" I asked as I sipped the juice.

"No, thirty-five probably. The movie will be over by then." She said after calculating.

"Oh, okay." I muttered and hung up.

I had to do something for the next forty minutes then, and try not to think of Emily and Hunter together.

Why did that guy have to be near every girl I liked? What sort of twisted luck was this?

I opened up my laptop and decided to watch a Suits episode until the time was up.

After forty minutes...

"So, ready to have fun?" I smirked at her.