Chapter 36: I'm Adonis 2.0

Dylan Castle's P.O.V

"Jackass move. Would you dump me if I behaved like one?" I asked her.

Now, this was really something one shouldn't ask. It shows your insecurities and vulnerability.

If Jake or Thomas or either of the boys were here, I could imagine their reply.

Jake would say, "You are no brother of mine." Dramatic as always.

While Thomas would hit me on the backside of my head, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Is this what I taught you?"

While Bryan on the other hand, well, he'll just keep on laughing. Calling me lame and noob in between his silly laughs.

"Maybe." Quartza replied.

Now all I could think was

Don't dump me.

Don't dump me.

Please don't dump me.

Stop sounding like a pansy. You need to prove that you are the man here. You are Dylan Castle for Christ's sake!

For once, my subconscious sounded smart.

"C'mon Quartza. Like you can even dump me. I'm Adonis 2.0"

She chuckled.

"I guess you are right." She laughed again.

Relief spread through my body. Being myself was easier but the task of being myself around Quartza, made me nervous.

"I am always right." I boasted and I could bet she was rolling her eyes.

"Yeah right. What's your usual routine, by the way?" She asked.

Ah, I did mention it before, didn't i?

"Nothing extraordinary. Just going at Acres club. All of us bowl, play pool, be each other's wingmen, if required." I told her.

"What role does a wingman have anyway? Other than...accompanying each other."

"Oh sweetheart, wingman is a really vital job! It's probably more important than the person who we are accompanying." I said. "Wingmen do more than just accompany. We fill in good words about our bro to the girl. We are supposed to do half the job, and then the bro needs to complete the rest."

"Oh."

"Haven't you watched How I Met Your Mother?" I asked her rhetorically.
Of course she has. Everyone has watched How I Met Your Mother. The only people who probably haven't watched it are the actors in it. And I have my doubts that they too, have watched some episodes.

"No actually. Not the entire series."

My jaw dropped.

"Do we have anything in common?" She asked after a while.

"Alright. Let's see. I currently watch Two and A Half Men, Suits and Breaking Bad."

"I watch Suits." Quartza said.

"And what else do you watch?" I asked.

"I'd rather not say." She said. From her tone, she's probably pursuing her lips.

She's doing it again. Blocking me out. Not letting me in. And this is just about the shows we watch. Go figure.

"Is it p*rnography? Because if it is, I wouldn't mind. To be honest, it's quite a turn on." I said, trying to lighten her up. It worked as she left out a small laugh.