Chapter 18: I don't want another Bella and Jacob!

Chapter 16: I don't want another Bella and Jacob!

"Rebecca? Where are you?" I shouted loudly in the vacant house through the phone.

"Can't hear you!" She replied. In the background I could hear several noises. It would take a hi-tech machine to sort out the noises one-by-one.

"I am saying, where are YOU?" I shouted louder and then coughed. Shouting wasn't good for my throat.

"I'll call you back." She said and hung up. What the Hell? I hadn't seen Rebecca since the party. She hadn't been home when I woke up and I didn't go to school so I couldn't see her. It's been hours since the school has ended and there is still no sign of Rebecca. What's the matter with this girl? Can't she call up and tell me where she is? At least till when she'll be back?

Dad left three hours ago to some meeting of his but he promised to be back by night. Though he was out, he did not forget to check on me and ask where Rebecca was. I lied four times for her.

From: Rebecca

I'm out with the cheerleading squad. Will be back till seven.

To: Rebecca

Fine. Just be back till seven and a half else I cannot lie one more time to Dad. -Emily

From: Rebecca

Yeah Mum, got it. Bye

I smiled as I deleted our chat. I didn't like keeping chats in my phone. It was irritating in some way to me.

"Coming!" I shouted as I went to get the door.

'Hey Hunter." I smiled as I saw him but my brain flashed the memory of Castle coming in this same unexpected way. That was fun.

"Hey Emily. You mind if I come in?" He raised his eyebrow and chuckled.

"Oh yeah. Sure. Sorry." I allowed him in and shut the door. What was with these memories? They keep on coming occasionally.

"So what were you doing where I interrupted?" He entered the house whistling.

"Uh...nothing interesting. I was cooking."

"I haven't seen that." He muttered.

"Seen what?" I cocked my eyebrows in confusion. Everyone knew I cooked. That wasn't anything knew.

"A woman cooking." He said and I instantly felt bad and guilty. Hunter's mom and left him and his Dad seven years ago for another guy. She had moved on in an instance but Hunter's Dad never remarried. He never really got over her.

See? This is what love does to people! It hurts them and makes them feel insecure, pathetic and helpless. How can I not hate this thing? Love never lasts. Suddenly something Castle said to me a few weeks ago rung in my ears.

"Why are you...so against love?"

Simple: Love never lasts.

"Sorry." I said when I realized that there was an awkward silence between Hunter and me.

"Don't worry. It doesn't bother me now." He let out a humorless chuckle and then sobered up.

"So...you wanna see me cook?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Sure. Nothing better than a hot sexy chick cooking." He winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right. What could be better?" I made my way to the kitchen and he tagged along.

"Oh, I can think of a few." He said.

"Shut up pervert." I moved towards the stove.

"What do you wanna eat?" I asked him while he was playing with my iPod sitting at the dining table.