Chapter 27: Awkward or fun? Fun or Awkward?

"Where are we going?" I sang as Castle drove down the street.

"To somewhere." He played along too. I like the playful side of his.

"Oooo! Where is somewhere?"

"Nowhere." He smirked.

"Okay, this is getting boring." I sighed as I turned on the radio.

Coz's you're hot and your cold

You're yes than you're no

You're in than you're out

I moved my hand towards the volume button.

"No!" Castle warned and I turned it on full.

"You change your mind like a girl changes clothes!

Yeah you, PMS,  like a bitch I would know!"

"Quartza shut that shit up." He hissed.

He changed the station and Auburn's Perfect Two was playing.

"You're the one for me!" I shouted in his ears.

"Sheesh Quartza! I know I am the one for you but you don't need to scream it out to the whole world." He held my hands together with one hand while his other hand was on the wheel. I instantly blushed at what he said. The one for me? Hmm...that sounded good. Too good to be true.

"So are we there yet?" I asked him when he left my hands, confirmed that I was stable.

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are-"

"No, no! God! What is wrong with you? Why are you behaving like a child?" He said in an irritated tone. I smirked.

"I am still a child! I am not eighteen yet!" I sang cheerfully.

"That's good. Being a child is good but being an insane one isn't." He said with his eyes on the road.

"You shouldn't be the one saying, Mr. Criss-Cross." I said with pride.

"What?" He looked at me, completely ignoring that we were on the road, in a car moving quite fast.

"Look at your face!" I burst into laughter.

"Cassie is D.E.A.D." He declared and then looked in front.

"You want to know what more I know?" I wiggled my eyebrows at him.

"We are here!" Castle ran out of the car. I laughed as Castle practically ran out of the car. Apparently, he didn't like the trip down the memory lane.

"So where is here?" I looked up and saw a carnival.

"You brought me to a carnival?!" My jaw dropped. He ran his hand through his hair before he spoke.

"Well, yeah. This place is supposed to be fun." He shrugged.

"But if you don't like it, we could go somewhere else, like movies or skating or-" I cut him off by holding his hand.

"Sshh! It's okay. In fact I haven't been to a carnival since years." I smiled as I remembered the memory. The last time I went to one was when I was eight.