Chapter 5: I meet an obnoxious prick

Wooooiiiiiii.

I dedicate this chapter to LikkleAngel, the author of the first Bad Boy-Good Girl story I read. Haley and Daniel forever.

This is a pretty important chapter guys! Please read. :)

________________________________________________________

If I say that the rest of the day went good, I was lying to everybody and myself. After the football try-outs, in which I saw nothing special, I moved towards my next class. I knew my schedule pretty well. The classes went smoothly and everything was going pretty fine. I was moving towards the car parking when it happened. Something that I was dreading to happen.

Mom Calling... said the Caller ID. It is not like I don't like talking to my Mom. It's just that she over-reacted to everything. If I would leave the lights on when not needed, she would scold me badly. If I got a light scratch (which happens often, on regular basis.) she would throw a fit about taking me to a doctor. If the food was bad (she isn't like the women who could cook brilliantly), she would whine about it for hours and if... well you get the idea. She over-reacted at every silly matter.

I sighed as I picked up the phone."Yes Mom? What's up?"

"The Sky.I Guess. But that's not the point. Stop distracting me."She scolded. Whoa, it was a usual way people greeted each other. See? I told you all she over reacted.

"Sorry, why did you call?" I apologized, getting straight to the point.

"I wanted to ask how both of you are doing. How are you?" She said silently.

Ok, what brought this on?

"I'm fine Mum. Thank you." I said hesitantly.

"How's Becca?" Using the name only Mom was allowed to.

"She's fine, actually more than fine." I smiled as I saw her sitting with some totally different group in the canteen. It never really took Rebecca too much time to settle at a place. Just a month here and she would be the most popular girl in school. Who would rebel against a girl with good looks, perfect body, mean attitude, bitchy nature but the sweetest heart inside?

"Oh. that's nice. Really nice." When Mum used a tone like this I could imagine her twirling the phone's cord between her fingers and looking down at the ground.

"And?" I pressed.

"What?"

"Say it out Mum."

"No, it's nothing." I could again imagine her shaking her head in denial. I tapped my head lightly and pinched the tip of my nose. I couldn't bear my Mom's refutation ever.

"Mom." I stressed on the word, saying it slowly.

"Is James alright?" She said after a long moment when I was about to cut the call.

"You could have asked it first thing." I scolded her. Yeah, this is how it went. I was the responsible one of the whole family. Though Dad earned but taking care. I don't know how but everyone seems to depend on me. Even my Mom. Not that I mind it but sometimes it's really infuriating.

"I know. I am sorry. I won't ask again." She quickly apologized and I couldn't help laughing.

"Mom, Dad is alright. He misses you." I said it probably for the fifth time since I was here.

"Yeah ok. David's home. I need to go. Goodbye. Take care of yourself and James, Kay?" There it was again, 'Take care.'

"Kay, cool." I cut the phone and moved towards the Library. I had to wait back for Rebecca. Her cheerleader thing went for hours at a stretch sometimes so I decided to finish off with my homework here itself. There had been two tests conducted yet and I had managed to get A in both of them but I had to study for this one. I entered the Library and went towards the History section after keeping my bag on the table. I went through the books: World War I, World War II, the Civil War, United Nations, Cold War-causes and Consequences. I finally found the book I wanted. Rise of Fascism, Nazism.