Chapter 7: Meeting the Guy after two weeks.

"So, what do you say?" Hunter asked me while I was trying to pay attention to the class.

"I say, let me pay attention." I muttered, still looking in front.

"Oh c'mon! I'm asking you out and all you are doing is ignoring me!" He wailed. I did not say anything.

He did this at least once a week. Why would I take him seriously?

"Do you like someone else?" He suddenly asked. My head turned to him. He was looking at me, his eyes narrowed and his blonde hair coming to his eyes.

"No." I said, without any hesitation.

"You know, I am reverting back to that 'lesbian theory' of mine." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"I don't care Hunter. I know I am not a lesbian. Now keep your mouth shut and let me concentrate." I snapped at him and again looked in front. For the rest of the class he did annoy a bit. Ok, I'm lying. He annoyed a lot! But I have to cover up for him. In this short span of three weeks, both of us had grown really close. In fact, he was the closest guy friend I had here. In these three weeks, I had seen all sides of him, his flirting side, his annoying side, his friendly side and his protective side. So if he was 74% annoying, then he was 26% sweet and that amount of sweetness pretty much covered up his negative side. No wonder all the girls were mad about him.

"Emillly!" He poked me, bringing me out of my train of thoughts.

"Babbyy!" He continued poking me but I looked in front. He wasn't annoying enough to make me mad in just a moment.

"Oh c'mon! Emily, just look at me once and see how attractive I am!" He pleaded and I bit back a laugh. He was practically begging to be checked out by me.

"Mr. Dare would you like to tell us what you were talking about?" The teacher called out to him. Hunter stood up and gave me a quick glare which I knew was totally affable.

"Uh...Science?" Hunter said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"And why were you discussing Science in a History class?!" The teacher growled at him.

"This is a History class?" Hunter asked aloud and the whole class burst into laughter.

"Detention!" Shouted Mr. Boring (I am not kidding, his name is actually Mr. Boring.)

Hunter slumped into his seat beside me and groaned.

"I thought you were used to detentions." I tried not to smile.

"Of course I am! But I had a date with Katie at four!" He again groaned and earned a small but murderous look from Mr. Boring.

"Don't worry. It happens." I patted him and stifled a laugh.

"You are going to pay for this Emily." He warned me.

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes and stood up as the bell rang. Again, thanks to my clumsiness, I was the last one to pack my bag. I shouldered it and began to move out when Hunter held my wrist and pulled me closer to him. We were practically only three inches away.

"Hunter, what are you doing?" The murderous glare he was giving me was completely gone.

This proximity scared me.

"Someday Emily, someday soon I am going to make you fall for me, hard." He said the entire sentence calmly and with utter seriousness. Of course, I had to break the ice.

"Good luck with that." I smirked at left the room with Hunter alone in it.

~*~

"Hey Emily!" I heard a soft voice calling out to me.