Chapter 33: Catching up.

Hello lovely people. Most of you will think of this as a filler chapter or as something less important than the drama between Emily and Dylan but I'd like all of you to read this chapter with attention because this chapter brings out the relationship of the mother with the twins. And it gives you a peek into Samantha's life. Excited now? I know I am.

So here is the next chapter!

----------------------------------------------------

Stupid stupid Emily.

I cursed myself. After telling Castle about my feelings, accidentally, I left. Yeah, like the coward that I was, I left the place, leaving him there, still frozen.

But of course, I tell myself I'm not a coward. I left because I was pissed at him, at school, at Rebecca and at myself. If I stayed there any second more, I'd go all ninja on him. And to protect his ass and balls and reputation, and of course to not scare him away from me, I left.

I was doing a fair job controlling my emotions until Castle joined. To be honest, I was actually glad that Castle wasn't in school today. I felt like I was given time to think about how I would tell him, despite Rebecca's planning. It was getting difficult to keep it inside me for so long. I know, merely a day, but a girl's gotta tell what she's gotta tell. So, back to the point, I was caught off-guard. Secondly, I was sleepy, like really sleepy. Thirdly, he knew just the exact buttons to push. Like he enjoyed irritating me. So, because of these three things, I confessed and because of confessing, I left the building, only to run into Samantha.

"Whoa there girl." She steadied me. My eyes closed for a second, and it seemed almost torturous to open them again.

"Sorry." I stood straight. She had a look at me and said, "You look as if you haven't slept since a week. We need to get you coffee, Rebecca won't be happy."

"So, tell me. Why did you cry?" She asked as we sat on the bonnet of her car. She never allowed anyone, not even me to sit on the bonnet but today, she seemed generous enough to allow. Or maybe it is because I cried.

"You can tell?" I asked, quickly rubbing my eyes with one hand, as other held the coffee and then rubbed my cheeks by the back of my hand.

"Of course I can. You are my best friend." She rolled her eyes.

I gave her soft smile as I sipped the coffee.

"So spill." She demanded.

"Nothing much. I just told Castle I liked him." I shrugged as I continued sipping the coffee. Samantha's jaw dropped.

"You told him?! What did he say?" She jumped down the bonnet, stranding in front of me.

"I don't know. I left before he said anything." I said, tracing the rim of my coffee cup, avoiding her gaze. I expected her to shout at me, scold me for leaving or doing something so stupid and not following the plan but she simply nodded in understanding.

"Happens." That's all she said. Both of us sat together in silence. It was a comfortable silence. She didn't speak, neither did I. Both of us enjoyed the silence which I desperately needed. Maybe she understood or maybe she needes her peace of mind too.

"Don't you have a class?" I asked after a few minutes.

"I skipped." She shrugged, moving her legs swiftly. She ran a hand through her hair quite few times as she bit her bottom lip. Her fingers were tapping against the car in a non-rhythmic tune.

I opened my mouth to ask her what's wrong but then I spotted someone.

"Hey Samantha? Isn't that Chad?" I asked. Pointing to the blonde guy walking across the car park with a blonde clinging to his arm. I instantly cursed myself again. What kind of a friend was I? Pointing out to my friend's boyfriend having another girl with him. Thinking about another girl made me angry. How could he cheat on my best friend?