Fried Bread

She sits cross-legged
surrounded by her belongings - 

they spill out like a small volcano
erupting onto Miria's bunk

and fixes me with a blue eyed stare.
Her curly hair is pulled back 
into a loose bun.

She looks so kind.

"Are you Orsai?" 

"Yeah, are you Harmony?"

a    p a u s e.

"How...do you know?"

"Mum told me about you
and your sister,
thought I should know

since I'll be livin' here." 

A.N. 月明かりに浸漬

Hello sweethearts!

I haven't ever attempted to write out an authors note before, but I believe that writing one now would be right. I haven't been able to update StM as much as I'd have liked to, but luckily I'll be able to get back to it now that most issues have settled down (although they may rise up again in a few months, I'll try not to let it affect my updates as much).

You might be wondering about the title. That's the rough translation of Savor The Moonlight from English to Japanese, it's read 'Tsukiakari Ni Shinshi'. I couldn't find a correct translation for 'savor' that wasn't food orientated, so I went with '浸漬' which means to immerse, so it's 'Immersed In Moonlight' in Japanese. I don't know Japanese, but I'm learning so I'm not sure if that's the correct way to write it (please correct me if I messed up!)

I wanted to give StM a Japanese name as a sort-of homage to the original CPNs, because without them and without the help of the pioneers that bought CPNs to the rest of the world, the novels we've grown to love wouldn't have existed.

Anyway, while I was gone, I was tagged by the lovely ! I have to answer ten questions, then tag a few other writers to complete the challenge <3

Okay, so Question #1: 1o Favorite Anime Shows

Wow, ten? I don't watch anime as often anymore, so I'll have to think hard about this one...

Shingeki No Kyojin (because I'm a nerd for action movies/books/anime -3-)
Anohana (Actual tears, what even)
Fairy Tail (Nakama, amiright?)
Baccano (This show is old, but it's amazing and doesn't get enough love)
K-Project (The animation hnnnng)
Haikyuu!! (dON'T GET ME STARTED)
Monthly Girl's Nozaki-Kun (I loved all the characters <3)
Samurai Champloo (I don't know why, but I actually liked this??)
Terror In Resonance (The ending...)
Toradora!

Question #2: Five People On Wattpad I Look Up To

, , , and l.g (you know who you are, sweetheart)

Question #3: 10 Bias

Isn't a bias like your favorite K-Pop performer? I don't really listen to K-Pop, so I'm not sure...

Question #4: 5 Favorite manga/ book / wattpad book

I'll note down five of my favorite wattpad books so you can all check them out easily:

creating constellations by
AAQPP: Deafness For Dummies by
Damsel[ed]: No Rescue Required by
The Human Affliction by
On Things Heavier Than Love by (what can I say? I love you to bits, Sarah)

Question #5: Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

Anything with nuts, or fruits or caramel!

Question #6: Favorite Movies

I love all the superhero/mutants/chosen one type movies! As well as action and comedy.
A few are: the Captain America movies, the Iron Man movies, the X-Men movies, and others. I also like romance, but only if it's thoughtful and comedic. I watch a lot of foreign dramas (Korean, Japanese, Turkish, Arabic, all sorts) but I'm very picky when it comes to romance so I usually get bored halfway through...

Question #7: Favorite artists / musicians

I sort of listen to what ever is on, to be honest. I don't like rap much :) I like indie pop more, so things like 'I'll Be Good' by Jaymes Young and slow music. When I was younger, I was really into vocaloid too!

With artists, there are a lot of amazing people on instagram, tumblr and DevArt that I like and stalk. A few are: Isobel Kelly, Lois Van Baarle, Yuumei (Wenquing Yan) and Viria.

Question #8: Ideal Travel Places

Hmm, some parts of China are really beautiful! And I've always wanted to go to Japan, Singapore and Korea. It's also very lively in places like Dubai, so I'd like to visit those places too!

Question #9: If you were to cosplay, who would you be?

Okay, so call me geeky or whatever, but I just heard that Marvel's new Iron Man is going to be a 15 year old black teenager who's also a genius! Her name's Riri Williams and her alter ego will be called 'Iron Heart', which I think ties amazingly with the whole Iron Man franchise. So yeah, I'd be Riri Williams <3

Question #10: Which anime show would you prefer to be in?

Wow, that's a hard one. I think if I were to be a character in an anime, I'd want to have a lot of fun, get into a lot of trouble, but have friends that had my back and just live like a total badass. So maybe Baccano or something more sporty, like Haikyuu!!?

But sometimes I feel like I just need a break, so in that case I'd choose some slow, easy going shojo anime like Ao Haru Ride or something :)

Okay so I'll be tagging: , , , , and for the heck of it too because why not, right? If you've already done this challenge, then feel free to skip over it~

I'll be updating StM soon so watch this space!

- Maoiel