Chapter 3: Your Co-workers

(H/C) = Hair color
(H/L) = Hair length

-------

time skip)

My phone goes off right next to my ear, startling me wide awake. God damn it. I don't want to go to work. I attempted to get off the bed- with my feet hovering off. I got up finally- going to my bathroom to shower. I turn on the water- cold to hot to warm. I stripped off my clothes and went in, the water was perfect. After a while I got out, wrapping my purple towel around my body. I left my bathroom to get back in my room, I changed into skinny khakis and a white v-neck t-shirt- appropriate for work I guess. I went back to my bathroom- I gotta do something about my hair. Looking at the mirror- seeing my reflection, nothing but huge knots in my hair. I brush through my (H/C),(H/L) hair- it was time to blow dry. Once it was done- my hair was perfect- the way I want it. I left my room, going into the living room. There was a note on the kitchen counter, with something on it, candy.

" Left early this morning, made breakfast- its in the microwave- see you later- Christian.
P.s. do dishes for me will you?"

(y/n)- " Damn it Chris, but thanks"

I put the note on the counter, I reached over the microwave- it was eggs and hash browns. I set the timer for 30 seconds. Once it dinged- I took it out and dug in.

(time skip)

Time to go for work, got my keys, phone-  I'm leaving the dishes for Christian, haha. I leave the apartment to get to the bus- we definitely have to get a another car- we cant just live off of one. I get to the corner bus stop- sat down on the bench and waited for one to arrive.

(time skip)

I arrive at work just in time, it was pretty packed for a thursday night. I walked to the back of the store to go get my apron to start work. I went inside- I see Riley sitting on a chair leaning back, Jack eating his morning breakfast as usual. Adam wasn't here yet- I'm surprised he isn't fired yet since he's always late.

(Riley)- " Morning (y/n)"

(y/n)- " Morning Ri"

(Riley)- " How's Christian?" She's still trying to get christian to notice her, shes crushing hard on him

(y/n)- " Riley- if you wanna know how Christian is, why not talk to him yourself?" I opened my locker grabbing my apron, wrapping it around me to complete my appearance.

(Riley)- " No way- he'll never notice me, he'll cast me off"

(y/n)- " Christian isn't like that, he'll give you a chance"

(Jack)-  "She's right, riley. When (y/n) started working here- first thing I did was ask her out"

(Riley)- " But she said no to you"

(jack)- " I still asked her out, I feel proud- now look at us, we're friends" 

(y/n)- " See, now you just got to ask Christian- or at least talk to him"

(Riley)- " I don't know, i'll think about it"

(y/n)- " You do that- anyways I gotta go tend to the register- I'll see you guys later"

(Riley & Jack) "Later"

I leave the employee room, making my way past many children and parents roaming around the store- I went to my register- number 9. Time to get to work.

(time skip)

Already my shift ends- today went by so much faster than yesterday- probably cause I had more work to do, dealing with customors and stock the display, it was kinda fun. I shut off my number sign and head to the back room. I see everyone here getting ready to leave. Opening my locker- shoving my apron back in.

(y/n)- " So Riley- have you thought about asking Christian?"

(riley)- " Oh- I don't know?"

(christian)- " Ask me what?" he appeared in the doorway, he's here early

(y/n)- " Christian you can't be back here- you'll get my in trouble like last time" I rush over to him pushing him out but he was resisting

(Christian)- " What-- you weren't anwering my texts so I came inside, were you guys talking about me?"

(jack)- " Sure hell I wasn't" he passes Christian and I. Jack and Christian laugh.

(adam)- " I'm out- lock up guys" he passes as as well throwing the keys above me, I caught them last second.

(Riley)- " You can lock up (y/n), Im going home"

(y/n)- " Wait a minute--" I wrapped my arm through Riley- making her spin around to were I was standing.

(Riley)- "Wahh--"

(y/n)- " Christian- Riley would like to ask you something"

(Christian)- " Alright"

(y/n)- " Go ahead riley"

(riley)- " uh- um, Christian-- uhh would you like to--- uh" she couldnt get the words out, shes sonerevous I can tell by her hands shaking

(y/n)- " She wants to go out with you sometime" I blurted out, oops.

(christian)- " Oh- that's it, sure i'll go"

(riley)- " Really! Are you sure?"

(Christian)- " Yeah- how does dinner and movie sound tomorow?"

(riley)- " Sounds good to me" her face is so red- its so adorable.

(Christian)- " Alright then- I'll pick you up after work"

(y/n)- " Still gonna pick me up too right- just drop me off home?"

(christian)- " Of course" he places his large hand on my head, ruffling up my hair.

(y/n)- " Stop" we laugh together.

(Riley)- " Hey (y/n), I'll lock up for you"

(y/n)- " Really- you sure?"

(riley)- " Yeah you guys go, I'll see you tomorrow"

(y/n)- " Alright- thanks, goodnight" 

(Christian)- " See you tomorrow Riley" he waves goodbye to her, she exchanges a wave too. Christian and I leave the store, it was a good thursday- different from any other day. I like it.