Chapter 34: New Look surprise

(few weeks later) ((Your Point of View again))

I sat on the couch, late afternoon-- watching some random shows. My half eaten plate of food that Riley got this morning was good, but I couldn't finish it. I curled up on the couch, all I feel is depression- I keep telling myself I need to get over this, but when I get up to do something depression goes through me, pulling my ass back on the couch. The door lock clicks, opening-- incoming Riley, holding a rectangular white box

(Riley)- " Hey you, I got a surprise for you"

(y/n)- " Is it, guy related?"

(Riley)-" No, but I did get you....a birthday cake!" she reveals it. White frosting, with blue and purple decorating siding. I had forgotten all about my birthday, it was something that went passed over my head.

(Riley)- " Don't tell me you forgot about your birthday?"

(y/n)- " I did"

(Riley)- " Its fine, with everything thats been going on- I'm just gonna put this in the fridge"

She went to the kitchen to put the cake away. I lay my head on the couch pillow to get fully relaxed. Riley comes to the couch and sits near my feet, there was a moment of silence. She turns and pokes my ass repeatedly.

(y/n)- " Riley, what are you doing?"

(Riley)- " I'm getting your attention"

(y/n)- "Well you got my attention, so what gives?"

(Riley)-  "I have another surprise for you"

(y/n)- " What is it?"

(Riley)- " We have to leave the apartment"

(y/n)- " Do I have to?"

(Riley)- " Yes, go shower and get dressed"

(y/n)- " Alright"

(time skip)

I got all dressed up, a casual outfit-- blue jeans, converse and a black and white shirt. I blew dry my hair. I left my room- riley was by the front entrance waiting for me.

(Riley)- " Don't you look good, its been weeks since you got into some real clothes."

(y/n)- " Thanks, I'm still not use to wearing small clothes since I got fit and such"

(Riley)- " You look great, lets go"

(time skip)

Riley's surprise was a trip to the salon.

(y/n)- " Please tell me you just dragged me along to just do your hair"

(Riley)- " Nope, my gift to you....a make- over!"

(y/n)- " Riley, I don't know" I wasn't sure about this, I like my hair as it is.

(Riley)- " Come on, you been down in the dumps-- a make over can make a difference, maybe cheer you up"

(y/n)- " Okay, I'll do it- only a hair color chance"

(Riley)- " That's fine"

We entered inside, we were greeted by young ladies. Riley and I sat down at the waiting area, I put my phone on silent, I didn't want any distraction. I grabbed a few magazines to look through while I wait.

(Riley)- " What color are you gonna change your hair to?"

(y/n)- " I was thinking, (hair color)-- but I don't know"