Chapter 38: Back to work

(few weeks later)

Just finished showering, its so damn early. I got my old job back, back to working at where I started. Its funny in a way. I got dressed in my normal- not so fancy clothes. I dropped a piece of clothing on the ground. I picked it up, it was Paige's top that I forgot to return to her. I miss Paige, I miss her voice. Miss everything- Sasha too. I set the top on my everything chair, I been meaning to clean that.

I got dressed, Riley's waiting for me in the living room- I feel bad for keeping her waiting. She still stuck around even though I can take care of this apartment. Thanks Riley.

I left my room, she was sitting there on her phone as usual.

(y/n)- " I'm ready"

(Riley)- " Ready to go back to work?"

(y/n)-" I guess, its better than being here all day- lets go before I crawl back to bed"

(Riley)-" Alright- lets go"

(time skip)

I walk through the doors of toys-r-us, I already get greeted by my friends. What a welcome back, I head to the back room- it was weird. Everything looks different, the smell is even different. I went towards the lockers to grab an apron. The same apron I wore, the color looks faded.

(Riley)- " Weird being back?" I heard Riley's voice behind me

(y/n)- " Yeah"

(Adam)- " Welcome back-- I have a favor to ask you?"adams voice entered the room with us.

(y/n)- " Already, I barely just started" I grinned

(Adam)- " I know- but I think you'll be a perfect fit"

(y/n)- " What is it?"

(Adam)- " Can you kinda train the new employee for a couple weeks?"  This reminds me of when Sasha asked Seth to train me, even when she came back--Seth continued to train me. I sighed, I don't want to train the new employee but--

(y/n)- " Sure" I agreed

(Adam)- " Thanks, you're the best"

(y/n)- " I know"

(time skip)

I walked all around the store, searching of the new employee, I would walkie talkie everyone but they haven't seen him either. What the hell. I heard items fall off the shelf- I rushed to where I think the noise came from, a child could have been hurt. I turned the corner, down the aisle a good amount of girl toys had fallen on someone.

(Unknown)- " Damn it"

(y/n)- " Are you okay?" I bent down to help pick up the toys, He turns around embarrassed.

(Unknown)- " I'm fine- just clumsy, you don't have to pick them up"

(y/n)- " Its okay, its my job"

(Unknown)- " You work here? So do I" he reveals a brand new blue apron, so he's the one I was searching for this whole time

(y/n)- " So you're the one I'm training, the other co-workers and I have been trying to reach you"

(Unknown)- " Really, I mean I haven't gotten any word from any of you" I looked at his walkie talkie, I noticed something about it. I reached over to his walkie talkie that wa attached to his apron, I switched it to on.

(y/n)- " That would be helpful" I chuckle

(Unknown)- " Oh, that would make sense" he smiles.

(y/n)- " I'm (y/n)" I stuck my hand out for a proper handshake

(Cain)- " Cain" he accepted it.

(Cain)- " Say, I think I've seen you before?" great, first time out of the apartment and I'm already getting recognized

(y/n)- " I don't know, have we met?" I played it of like nothing

(Cain)-" I'm pretty sure, give me time"

(y/n)- " In the mean time, I have to show you how to handle the register

(cain)- " Got it boss"

(time skip)

For about an hour, I was teaching Cain how to  use the register. He had trouble with it but after a few tries he started to get it, with a little bit more training he'll start taking costumers on his own. I was on break, but since I didn't really have an appetite.I conintued to work. My eyes wonder around the store, many parents with their kids today its odd.

(Cain)- " Hey (y/n), I'm having trouble over here" he was smacking the cash register.

(y/n)-  " Hey, don't hit it. Those things are expensive" I came over to his side of the counter.

(Cain)- " I shouldn't be around this thing" he laughs

(Riley)- " Hey (y/n), after work were all gonna get something to eat- you in?" 

(y/n)- " Uhhh, I don't know"

(Riley)- " come on, Cain are you in ? "

(Cain)- " I'm in"

(Riley)- " (y/n), please. Please. Please--"

(y/n)- " Okay, I'll go" I laugh as she would continue to say please to annoy me to go. I gave in.