Chapter Eleven

My body felt numb, and my lids felt heavy over my eyeballs. I struggled to lift my eyelids, opening my eyes luckily the cold temperature of the room aided me in this task. I blinked hard for attempting to clear my vision from the blurriness it had become. After a moment I had succeeded, but had to close my eyes tightly to protect my eyes from the sudden explosion of bright whit lighting. Even my hearing was muffled so now that my eyes were closed again I decided to focus on what I heard in the distance. There were two voices, one was loud and the other afraid. Where am I?

They got closer and I immediately recognized one of them, The Joker. I was too weak to be excited, but with my eyes still closed I strained to manage choking out, "Joker."

Suddenly I felt his presence by my side. "Raven, Doll, how are ya awake?!"

I opened my eyes again, his body shielding me from the inconsiderate light. I looked up at his pale face, noticing his lips were chapped, his green hair was messy and all over the place, his clothes were disheveled, his white button up shirt's collar up on one side and down on the other, stained red with blood and his sleeves rolled up on one side and wrinkled and pulled down on the other. He was a mess.

"What do you mean?" I coughed out. "I was getting ready for tonight, and some guy came in saying you sent him!"

"That was three weeks ago, Doll." He paused, taking his hand and gently placing it on the side of my face, sliding his fingers down to my chin and holding it. He had tears in his eyes. "I've been without you for weeks."

My heart dropped. "Joker, I don't remember anything after that guy came in..."

"I took care of him, trust me, I did NOT send him." He replied angrily, but then he paused and he smiled lightly.

Heed my warning, I know you don't remember who I am, but I made a deal with you and it is taking affect sooner than we thought. Darling girl, remember this, hold on to life. I have to go, but the other voices shouldn't bother you anymore, if one does just remember you are you. Don't listen to them, they will lead you into destruction.

What was that? The voice was familiar, but I had no idea what he was talking about. I shook it off, and decided it was nothing.

"Raven," he paused nervously. "We need to talk..."

"About wha-"

Before I could finish there was an explosion and a huge bang down the hall. Joker looked panicked and that's when I noticed the man who he was talking to before, it was a shaky looking doctor. Poor guy. The door to my room flew open and a woman stood there; she was in a black, skin tight, leather suit and black, knee high, high heel boots.

"Catwoman..." the Joker snarled.

"Hey there sugar, what's wrong. You look like you caught a tick." She laughed as if her pun was some sort of classic joke.

But I knew this woman, Selina Kyle. The woman with nine lives. Behind her green exploded and leaves and vines they quickly circled the room and from them a flower opened up and spit out a fiery red-head wearing all green. She was beautiful and looked like a goddess, well a goddess of plants. Next a girl with white hair came in wearing all white, for the little she actually did wear and settles next to Catwoman. White Rabbit. I knew her, I did a paper on her ability to be two places at- I saw something out the corner of my eye, and there she was again. The second her standing idly behind joker and next to a clay vase. Just when I thought we were done with all the estrogen coming in, the clay vase shook, and fell over onto the floor, but instead of cracking it took another form, that of a woman. Of course.

"As you probably know," White Rabbit by Catwoman said. "We are the Gotham City Sirens."

I looked at her in disbelief and then at the Joker and he looked at me. We exploded into simultaneous laughter. "That's not right," I laughed uncontrollably.

"Lady Clayface, White Rabbit, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy? Is that the best ya can do? Wait, aint something off about your little crew?" The Joker laughed coldly, angering Poison Ivy the most.

(A/N: Comment if you get why it's funny. Hint: If you know anything about the batman comic, you will know what I'm talking about.)

Catwoman motioned her hand for Poison Ivy to calm down. "Joker, Raven."

She smiled at me. "We came to congratulation you two."

"Congratulate us?" I asked confused, looking up at the Joker, and he looked nervous.

"On killing Al Ghul, it's quite the accomplishment, you know." White Rabbit giggled.

"We heard about that mean old Mr. H, putting you in that coma." Catwoman purred at me.

"Mr. H?" I asked.

"Oh, is she completely clueless?!" Poison Ivy hissed.

"Jesus Hernandez. He was the ambassador for the Al Ghul corporation. He handled all the back alley type business, ya catch my drift, Princess?" Joker informed me. He looked calm now, not nervous now. He was confident, but annoyed. "We killed his job, so that was his payback."

I bit my lip and looked at the women around the room. My eyes settled on Lady Clayface, who now stood before me along with all the ladies by the door. What did they want.

"Well, we only stopped by to say hello, congratulate you, and..." Catwoman paused and smirked. "We know you have the Bat."

"Possibly, what's it to ya?" The Joker snarled.

"We want him; we can make it worth your wild!" White Rabbit giggled.

"Not interested." I spat.

"Feisty." Poison Ivy smirked and bit her lip.

Just to mess with her, I winked at her and she walked over to me. "Are you sure?" but before she reached me the Joker pushed her back.

"Yes, now leave. And never speak to my girl again." He growled at her angrily. "If you so much as look at her, much less touch her... let's just say that kinda behavior is gonna get ya hurt."

"Oh, mean ol' Mr. J, we just wanna play with The Bat is all!" The two Rabbits whined simultaneously.

"Leave!" he screamed angrily, and with a smiled the Rabbits became one and she through a smoke bomb, shaped like a bunny, down. With that they were gone and I was alone with the Joker.

When the smoke cleared and everyone was gone I noticed the doctor again. Sometime during all this he had fainted and he laid on the floor unconscious. The Joker was at my side.

"Doll, let's get you home, it's not safe to talk here." He said seriously looking down at me.

He lifted me up into his arms and gently carried me out of the hospital. I felt weak, but I knew I was safe with him, and I always would be.