Chapter Fourteen

I watch as his fists slam against the desk he stood behind. I flinched, genuinely afraid as I pressed my back against the corner of the room.

"What the fuck were ya thinking?" He screamed, he flipped the thick glass deck, and it shattered.

My heart began beating faster; he began to approach me. His demeanor became darker, and he locked his eyes to mine.

"Raven, Raven, Raven." He tisked.

I shook uncontrollably, and he took my face in his hands.

"Oh, what am I going to do with you?" he asked rhetorically, rubbing my checks with his hands.

"I-I'm sorry, J..." I stuttered, looking into his eyes.

He smiled cynically. "Sh-sh-sh."

He placed his index finger over my lips and leaned closer. "My beautiful, little, princess. Oh, how your rebellion frustrates me."

He pressed his lips to my forehead and pulled me into him. "Ya really need to listen to me when I tell ya to do something, Princess." He paused. "I told ya to stay in bed."

I looked up at him still afraid. "I changed my mind, J. I don't want revenge... I don't even hate him anymore. I just want to live a happy and peaceful life while I still can..."

He pulled away from me and bit his lip in contemplation. He turned away from me and took his face in his hands, taking a deep breath. He was silent.

"Twins." I whispered, remembering what The Peacock said.

"What?" he turned around with a furrowed brow, confusion masked his distress.

"The Peacock- I mean Damien, he said... he said we were having twins..." I said looking up at him as he walked over to me.

His lips twitched and then settled into a deep-set smile. "Twins?"

I nodded and a small smile lifted my expression. He gently reached out and lifted my chin with his index finger and thumb, and pressed his warm lips against my own. The warmth from our kiss sent a shiver down my spine and I felt overcome with love. He took a step back and got on his knees before me, lifting my thin tank top. He looked up and me and then back to my stomach, and kissed it. Gently he rested his head against me and I placed my hands against his head, accepting his affection. I wasn't sure if he loved me, but I knew in my heart I loved him. My thoughts went back to that day when I met Superman; what he said love really was and I knew I had to know.

"J?" I asked.

He looked up at me, but never got up from his knees. "Hm?"

"I was just wondering... If..." just before I got the courage to ask the doors to The Jokers office flew open, and I felt a burst of shock run through me. It was impossible, there was no way! Blue latex suit, red cape and all! Superman stood before us, Damien stood beside him, next to him was Catwoman and Batman.

"Superman..." I trailed off honestly stunned.

Joker rose to his feet and pushed me behind him. "Well, well, well. Look who the cat dragged in." he smirked and continued. "A beaten old Bat, a runaway Peacock and a zombie in tights."

"Cut the act Joker, we know you brainwashed this poor girl, and we are here to save her." Damien said with his chest out.

Catwoman, or Selina purred. "I'm only here to watch."

"Brainwashed? I assure you Raven is here by choice, and nothing short of it." He stated with a maniacal laugh. "What's wrong Bat? You mad because I can actually keep a girl and yours went along and got herself cut?"

Even I cringed at that, but Selina had the most to say about it. "Al Ghul meant nothing to my Batty, right?"

Bruce shook his head. "This isn't about me; this is about Justice."

Hm... seems like Bruce is a player after all. I laughed to myself, and across the room Damien chuckled.

"I'm here by choice, J is my family." I said interjected.

"Raven, he kidnapped you! He tortured you and almost killed you!" Damien said, now serious.

"Raven, I remember our talk... don't you? Do you honestly think that he loves you? He's a not only a psychopath but a sociopath in its highest form! What kind of father would you expect him to be? What kind of future could he offer you, or your children?" Superman countered.

I paused and looked at Joker, now beside him. He looked at me back, he looked hurt but hopeful. I broke his trust once; I knew how badly it would hurt him if I did it again.

"I appreciate your concern, but I think you should leave." I shot at them.

Don't do this, Raven. We can help you.

Please just go, I'm happy with him.

"I think she's right," Damien sighed. "I was wrong about her; it is too late."

My heart dropped and I felt tears form in my eyes. I heard gun shots and suddenly the entire room exploded into a full on war, Joker included. I watched as they all fought and sat in the corner letting what Superman said sink in. He was right. What kind of life is this for children? What kind of father could the Joker be? The Joker... I didn't even know this man's real name... I fell into the corner as I watched the battle through teary eyes. Every man was down, and once again it was Joker vs. Batman. Superman and The Peacock tied up the men and took them down as they came through while Bruce battled the man I loved. Good versus evil, and my heart belonged to the one on the dark side. Except this time, good won. Batman dodged another bullet that went straight through the wall and countered him by taking his gun and hitting him in the temple with it. I watched as he fell to the ground and Bruce called over Superman who lifted him up.

I did nothing but cry and I was left almost completely alone. Damien stayed behind. He walked over to me and police-sirens sounded in the background. The earth around me was blurry from the faucet that was my eyes. "You don't have to end up like him."

"Wh-where are you taking him?" I cried out.

"Back where he belongs. Trust me, Gotham- no, the world is a safer place without him." Damien stated. He squatted down to my level and placed his hand on my arm. "Come with me, I can protect you."

I looked up at him weakly and felt completely lost without The Joker by my side. I had nothing left, my family had been taken from me again, but this time I had more than myself to think about. I nodded weakly and he lifted me. The sirens got closer, but I shut my eyes and cried silently into his chest as he carried me away.