Chapter Twenty-Nine

A little over an hour after we exchanged our first 'I love you(s)', Joker escorted me into a lovely five-star restaurant; which we literally had to drive all the way back to Gotham to get to (because apparently, the Estate was not in Gotham). But now I was literally on his arm, and it felt amazing. Though I typically didn't enjoy having all eyes on me, I enjoyed the sense of power it gave me standing here with J.

"Welcome to the Ocelot, do you have a reservati-" the snooty Frenchman tripped over his words and adjusted his glasses fearfully looking at the Joker. "Si-sir this establishment is-"

"Blah, blah, blah, I get it – Bruce Wayne owns it, its protected. We've got a reservation, serve me and my girl, and I won't blow ya brains out; got it?" Joker said casually, ending with a growl of irritation.

"Yes, of c-course, Mr. J." he stuttered, "A-and what would your reservation be under?"

"Napier." He said through his silver teeth.

After finding the reservation in the book he looked up surprised, and with a shaky voice he called for a waiter, who then seated us. We were far in the back, people were more scarce, and the lighting was dimmer. There were candles, and rose petals, flowers, and romantic music; I was impressed.

I looked across at him after taking in my surroundings and he was staring at me. He looked almost nervous, like he wanted me to like it; which I did.

"This place is gorgeous, J!" I beamed.

"I'm glad ya like it, doll." He smiled, but he still looked nervous; which was SO unlike the Joker. I shrugged it off.

"It's so perfect..." I said in awe, looking around at the twinkling lights.

"You're perfect." I heard him say huskily under his breath.

I looked up to see his icy blue eyes twinkle with the lights, I really took in his appearance. He wore a black suit, with a white shirt underneath and a white bowtie. To the side was a white flower, and his shoes matched the white and black theme; his outfit was surprisingly fresh. He had with him a black cane with a silver handle that displayed tasteful engraved symbols on it. His green hair was slicked back, as usual. He just looked so handsome.

"Like what ya see?" he wiggled his eyebrows playfully, and I giggled.

"Love it."

Then the waitress came up, she spoke unafraid and seductively. "Hello there, Mistah J. Are you ready to order?"

J snarled.

"Bring us..." he stole a glance at me and smiled. "Bring us herbal tea; and a male waiter."

The girl stole an angry glance at me as she huffed and walked away. I smiled at J and leaned across the table, and he met me there. Our faces stopped inches apart.

"Mmm why'd you send that girl away, Mistah J," I mocked what the girl had called him in her same seductive tone, though I knew many people called him that and why. "Did you do that for me?"

"Ya know I'd do anything for you, cupcake." He smiled devilishly, "I wouldn't want my girl getting jealous on such an important night."

I bit my lip when he put such an emphasis on 'my'. I slipped my hand over his and he flipped his arm so that our fingers could interlock. I felt his cold rings against my skin as he gripped tighter. Our lips met for a moment in a deep kiss until the noise of a man clearing his throat pulled us apart. Well... I pulled back, J didn't let go of my hand or move until the man spoke.