Chapter Thirty-Three

A constant beeping noise drew me out of my sleep; I struggled to breathe with a heavy chest. My lungs burned as I inhaled, and would spasm as I exhaled. My body felt heavy, and I struggled to open my eyes – everything was blurry.

I was surrounded by white, and it was very familiar. I knew exactly where I'd seen this room before – I remembered everything from my life in the parallel universe somehow. I felt different.

I recalled in my mind as I stared blankly at the white ceiling, how Luka died the first time. I remembered the vengeance in my heart when he had gone. I remembered Damien, Bruce, Hernandez, even the warlock that posed as Hernandez (Mateo, is what he called himself), and all that had happened between the Joker & I. I remembered the taking the very picture that appeared in my room, the picture from a whole other universe.

I felt awoken – I slowly began to feel my chest rise and fall with more ease. As my vision cleared up I looked around – the room was empty people-wise, but I was surrounded by flowers. I sat up with ease, now that I was awake I felt... stronger. I felt good. I pulled the IV's out of my arms and I pushed the covers off me; I immediately stood, walking over to a mirror I noticed across the room.

As soon as I looked into it I stepped back in shock. My long curly-ish reddish brown hair seemed longer, wavier – the color was a deep purplish color – my green eyes now perfectly matched the shade of purple my hair had turned. I looked down, examining my hand. My natural tan was gone, I was now pale, a shade close to porcelain. It was a color that could only be compared to cream, milk, or the moon. My nails were long, they looked almost fake. Like stiletto point nails you get done at a nail salon – and they were black as ink. I looked down to my bare feet to notice the color was the same only they were less sharp, and much shorter.

I feel like I remember myself like this before... I looked around at the room full of flowers, white and purple roses by my bedside and it came back to me. The dream.

Insanity has a price unless you're insane.

It was a dream I had, of the Joker and I getting married. But the dream was the other Raven's, but from the memory I had of being her, J never proposed. In fact, he was horrible to her. Much worse than my J had ever been to me. So, was that dream a vision of me? This version of me? How did she foresee this happening to me?

Joker. Where was he? And why was I here?

I looked in the mirror, I thought of Luka. Anger bubbled over me – my hair turned such a dark shade of purple it was basically black. My eyes remained the same shade of purple as before. I felt my aura turn dark for a split second, but I caught myself. I shook my head, surprised by the change back to purple. I looked in the corner of the room, there was a suitcase, I went to it.

I decided in my head to make my way to my old apartment before anyone else did. I opened the suitcase and it had a few outfits in it. I stripped from the paper gown I wore before, and as it hit the ground the door opened.

I turned quickly.

"Don't stop on my account, love." Damien smirked.

I squealed forgetting I was naked and ran to him, wrapping my arms around him in a hug. He reciprocated.

"I remember now." I smiled into his chest.

"I know! I'm so glad." He said into my hair, his arms started to slip down to my bare ass.

I watched in the mirror, my hair turned even lighter purple when I was happy, but turned back to the neutral darkish purple when I noticed his hands sliding down. I pushed him back with a laugh. "Perv."

"Sorry, love. Had to try!" he chuckled.

I wasn't exactly uncomfortable knowing his eyes were travelling up and down my body, or knowing his thoughts were lustful – but it certainly wasn't pleasing to know my friend wanted me. Especially because I could not only hear, but also see his thoughts.

I didn't try to cover myself though, it felt kind of good, confidence-wise, to think he liked how I looked. Even though I was dreadfully pale now, and my body had changed too. I'd somehow gotten shorter, around 5'2" I'd say, and I'd gone from 150 lbs, to somewhere around 120 lbs. My breasts went from D's to C's, my body was toned though, I was slenderer, than curvy now, but the curves were still there.

"Where's the Joker?" I sighed, slipping my underwear on.

Damien laughed humorlessly, "Good ol' Mistah J went on a stroll, and stopped off at the al Ghul building with a small army of his men."

I forced a smiled, "Hm, should've guessed."

We took down al Ghul together in the other universe, but he undoubtedly did it because Hernandez – the man who led the attack on our home – had worked for al Ghul. If I knew J at all he went to find out their plans, and why they wanted me.

I pulled on a pair of black tights and a long sleeved black shirt with a v-neck. I chewed my bottom lip.

"Raven... I'm sorry about your friend..." he trailed off, now fidgeting with one of the dozens of bouquets of flowers around the room.

"Brother. Luka was my brother." I corrected, looking up at him before turning back to the suitcase. "And I know you're only worried I'll lose it again – I won't."

Damien chuckled. "Smart one, you are."

I rolled my eyes, though I knew he couldn't see it. I bit my bottom lip in contemplation, something felt missing.

I closed my eyes, something was coming into my mind. An image of a deep purple robe... no... it was a cloak. I imagined the way the silk felt against my skin. How it would hang heavy on my shoulders... The details of the golden seams. Then I really felt it – black smoke tangled around it for a moment but then I pulled my hand back in surprise, and it dropped to the floor.

"How in hell did you learn conjuration so quickly?" Damien exclaimed.

"I didn't realize I was doing anything..." I said honestly.

I picked it up cautiously to examine it, then smirked. I put it around my shoulders, and positioned the golden button in the top loop so it would stay. I turned to Damien, pulling the hood over my head.

"Bring me to my apartment – I need answers."