Chapter Twenty-Two

He had brought me back to his home in Arkham. We were in a bedroom with black walls that had splatters of purple, green, and white all around. In a corner he had the stool where I sat set up and a slab raised off the ground with a set of pillows on it; this is where he laid. I'd never given anyone a tattoo before, so I was just slightly nervous.

Pshhhh me? Nervous? Nah, I'm a regular Kat Von D!

I took a deep breath, there was almost no doubt in my mind that if I fucked up he would kill me. Hm, how suicidal am I feeling? I bit my lip and started on the tattoo. He stayed still, expecting him to make a noise or a grunt of pain or anything, but he remained silent. My arms became sore about an hour or two in, but I kept going. I had the drawing pinned to the wall aside of us so I could use it as reference. He wanted it in color, so I struggled to interpret it as the original drawing of it was only a pencil sketch. Virtually colorless, except the red of the fire that burned through the city.

"Doll, make sure ya sign it." I heard him mumble.

"Si-sign it?" I stuttered. Like with my name?

He wants me to sign my name on his back with a tattoo gun??

He turned his head amused, "Yes? Sign it, with ya name."

Shit, did I say that out loud?

"Yeah, ya did." He chuckled.

I pressed my lips tightly together to avoid letting my thoughts escape them again and I continued with the tattoo. I began to hum Sippy Cup by Melanie Martinez, and the it turned into singing.

"Kids are still depressed when you dress them up," I sang quietly. "And syrup is still syrup in a sippy cup."

I was just about finished when I heard a light snoring come from the Joker. I finished shading and wiped off the excess ink then I signed my name. I took off the gloves, and shut the machine off. Looking down at my work I smiled proudly, before looking at the rest of his back. I decided it was safe to touch him considering I could hear his soft snores. I traced my fingers around his other tattoos, and down white scares that somewhat lined his back. Some were round, shaped like bullets, others long like cuts. As I trailed my fingers back down his back I felt him flinch.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I whispered.

He sat up and turned towards me. "Yeah, but it's okay, doll."

I bit my lip, he looked tiredly at me. "Did ya finish the tattoo?"

I smiled a little. "Yeah."

"Well, show me." He chuckled, raising his hand to my face and giving my chin a squeeze and a small smile back.

I ran my hands down the sides of my pockets and back pockets. Fuck.

"I think I lost my phone." I sighed, frowning.

He chuckled and handed me his own.

I quickly typed in the pin and then paused to look up at him from his phone.

"How did ya know my pin?" he asked, his eyes now slit as he narrowed them at me.

"I... I don't know..." I said and pit my lip, shaking it off.

I went behind him, and went to open the camera roll, and noticed his background. It was a picture of the picture in my room, of him and I. I bit the inside of my cheek as my heart pounded inside my chest. Handing him back the phone I stayed behind him, observing my art, pretending I hadn't noticed his background.