Chapter Twenty-Five

The Uber guy's name was Malik Osiris Zaid, and he was kind of hot even though his name was excessively long. His accent indicated he was from the middle-east. I sat in the middle of the backseat asking him questions as he smiled widely with sparkling white teeth. His black hair was shaved in a sharp buzz-cut and his lashes swept out from his wide brown eyes. I bit my lip as he turned the corner, turning his head along with it exposing his sharp jawline, his muscular neck and broad shoulders. The smell in this slick silver Uber car was husky and irresistible.

I giggled flirtingly, "So how old are you, Malik?"

"Ah, I am 27, my girl." He chuckled in his deep voice. "And you?"

In these moments I hadn't thought about the fact that I was running away from my "brother" or Joseph. I hadn't realized that Malik hadn't asked my destination and that we were driving without one. I didn't think about the Joker or about how I really had no idea what his address even was. Much less the fact that I didn't even remember getting into the car.

"I'll be twenty in four days." I smiled sheepishly.

The car stopped suddenly and he looked back at me, "Why don't you get into the front seat, my beautiful?"

Without question I crawled into the front seat, and looked ahead as the car started again while his hand slipped up my thigh. His skin was hot, and yet it caused me to shiver.

"I know who you're looking for." He said huskily, his eyes boring into mine. He was driving, and yet his hands weren't even on the wheel at this point.

"W-what?" I stuttered suddenly.

"The Green Lantern, no?" he smirked, his hand gently traveling up my thigh. My hand jerked down and landed hard on his, stopping him from going any further up.

"Who are you and how do you know that?" I ask suddenly, the illusion of is grace and beauty no longer distracting me.

"I'm a god, darling. Well, sort of. Anyway, I know your plan, and I want to help you." He said, eyes on the road again. From the side I watch them turn from brown, into golden orbs.

"What do you mean..." I trailed off not even questioning what he said, because at this point anything could be possible.

"I have common desires as you... you see; I knew one of your children in a past life. I owed them a favor, and I figure, what better way to help than to assist you." He smirked glancing over at me then back to the road again.

Can I really trust this... really hot ass stranger?

I look forward to find I had no idea where we were, but I looked back down at my hands, that were now folded on my lap. "How do I find the Green Lantern?"

He laughed, it was a beautiful sound, like a symphony. "You are more powerful than you think. All you must do to summon the Green Lantern is call on his name from the astral plane. Getting there is a task for you and you alone. Its no easy task; but if you learn to channel your power you will succeed."

"My powers? What powers? Please I don't under-" I asked almost panicked, but he interrupted me.

The car stopped once more and he laughed. "We're here."

"What, wait I don't underst-?" I look up at him but he cut me off again.

"We're here." He said again, his voice more serious now.

"Miss, wake up, we are here!"

Suddenly my eyes flew open. I was slouched in the back seat of the Uber, my driver changed from McSexy to McDonalds employee instantly, his double chin jiggling as he repeats himself. "We're here, miss. Your total will be $8.14."

I shook it off, sitting up straight and nodding. "Yeah, of course." I slipped him a 10 and mutter for him to keep the change. I opened the door and hopped out of the car, stretching as I did so, grabbing my bag off the floorboard and shutting the door. As I turned around the car drove away and I was left standing in front of Arkham Amusement Park.

Shit.

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket with a sigh and went to my contacts, quickly looking for Jokers. Apparently someone changed it because under his picture was the name Daddy. I rolled my eyes, and a small smile tugged at my lips as I put the phone to my ear. Okay, I needed to get my way so I knew what to do. I bit my lip, my smile cut ear to ear now.

"Well, hello there, Princess." The Jokers voice came through. "I knew ya would call."

"Daddy..." I said in a small, sweet voice.

I heard his breathing hitch for a minute, but then he spoke, his voice husky as he breathed into the phone. "What's wrong, baby?"

"I-I'm in front of Seagate Amusement Park... I-I tried to come home to you but I didn't know your address." I said as cute as I could.

"Oh, doll, daddy'll come and get ya. Don't move a muscle." He said, hanging up.

You know, maybe it won't be so bad after all. I mean, I hope not at least. For the next fifteen minutes I searched what an astral plane was on my phone- freaky, that's what it was. It's known as the Spirit World. From there apparently you can reach all planes of existence? But what did he mean by 'channel your power'? Was he talking about the same thing Joseph and Luka were talking about? How did he know about that? My head was spinning.