Chapter Nineteen

(Third-Person P.O.V)

Through the portal with Joker and Green Lantern....

With an explosion of light and the crackle of the electrical field around the atmosphere, the Joker and Green Lantern skidded through space, time, and more relevantly, dimension; landing in the center of the Joker's mansion. He, The Joker, landed at a slant, falling forward. His heart broken, and he almost didn't have the strength to pick himself up off of the floor; almost.

He picked himself up and demanded the Green Lantern leave. In his mind, his sorrows could only be solved by self-destruction. He let out a hardened scream, kicking over the glass coffee table. He punched through the wall, his hand landing against something metal. He didn't feel it though; he couldn't feel anything. He looked down pulling his hand out of the newly formed hole in the wall and noticed a frame fallen from the wall. He picked it up woefully; it was one of the few pictures he had. He examined the picture through the glass. His pain radiated off of him at the sight of his fallen love. The picture depicted a young girl with auburn hair and a healthy glow. She was wrapped around the Jokers back, arms around his chest. A blissfully ignorant smile plagued his face in the picture while she kissed his cheeks with a smile on her face. Joker touched the picture gently, a tear falling down his cheek. This was his fault, he thought. He knew the sane part of his slipped away every second he was without her. Her; the girl who preserved the minute part of him that held its humanity.

He growled and threw the frame across the room, following it; he picked it up again and pulled out the picture looking down at it breathing heavily. He grasped it in his hand tightly, then pressed it to his chest. He rested his head against the wall and with his other hand he pounded on the wall as he cried. He screamed out, the pounding became slower. He turned and slid down the wall. He paused; his children.

He suddenly remembered he was a father now. Two beautiful infants of lay asleep upstairs and he knew he loved them. The fact was, he also knew that he couldn't raise them; not the way two beautiful and pure children should be raised at least. With the last bits of sanity he held, he made a decision. He dropped the picture, running upstairs he stood in the doorway of his children's bedroom. Pulling his phone out he made a call as he walked in and looked down at his son, and then his daughter. The person the Joker called picked up and Joker spoke immediately.

"I need ya to make a delivery for me."

(Raven's P.O.V)

*At The Same Time As The Other Dimension*

It had been been a few days since I'd seen either of the Jokers, from the moment he kissed me I regretted letting him go. I didn't question it, but I don't understand why he didn't try harder to make me go with him. As soon as he saw me with Luka it's like he gave up.

Luka and I have been going about life normal, although every once and a while he'll make a remark like, 'Oh daddy' or 'you want me to pass the ketchup harder daddy?'. Yeah, he thinks he's hilarious; but I love him to death, no matter how bad his jokes are. Or how annoying they get.

I wasn't surprised not to see the Joker after the night we spent together, and when I asked Luka what the hell they were doing before they barged in when the portal opened, he simply said, "Why are you jealous?" Then refused to tell me anything! I felt very alone, Luka had been busy with his boyfriend, and I just went through the motions. Wake up, shower, go to work, come home, eat, shower, go to bed, and do it all again the next day. After about two weeks I was severely depressed; my free time consisted of sketching pictures of superman, batman, Gotham and Metropolis, or daydreaming of being with the Joker again, and painting him.