Chapter Twenty-One

I ran home, not looking back or being half as friendly as I was before to the man, Joseph was his name apparently. I was done; I was so overwhelmed I just ran inside and locked the door. I sighed pressing my forehead against the cool metal door. I squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath. Turning around I see my lovely brother, Luka, asleep on the sofa. I rolled my eyes with a small smile spreading across my face and went to the closet to grab a blanket; but something caught my eye on the way across the room. In the corner of my eye I notice the light in my bedroom was still on, only... I swear I turned it off...

Maybe Luka went into my room... I thought.

I bit my lip and shook it off, quickly grabbing a blanket and draping it over him. I smiled down at him, but panic still ran thick in my chest, outside I heard the sound of thunder. I looked around and then grabbed the gun plastered under the hood of the decorative fireplace. I heard a muffled crash come from my room and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up straight. I quickly treaded quietly, my side and part of my back pressed against the walls. I heard another crash, then a tear and I quickly reached for the knob and swung the door open.

My room was completely ransacked, all the paintings torn off the walls, my desk lamp laid crashed on the floor. My desk itself had a been torn apart and my bed was turned on its side. Of course the center of the destruction was the pale white man with his inked skin, his gaudy jewelry. His torso only covered by a purple blazer with no shirt beneath and purple trousers to match. A golden revolver protruded out of his waistband, and I looked to his feet observing his black alligator shoes just to avoid eye contact.

I had the gun pointed at him still, and he stood their breathing heavily with papers in his hands. He stared at me with his mouth slightly agape and he began to walk towards me as I looked back up at him. I furrowed my brow, now thinking if Luka was really asleep or not. "What did you do to Luka?"

He simply tilted his head to the left and looked at me with a smirk. He wouldn't stop coming towards me, so I raised my gun as he walked into it. He straightened his forehead and laughed sadistically. "Go ahead, Doll. Shoot me." With another laugh he said something that shook me to my core. "I want you to do it."

"What did you do to Luka!" I demanded, searching his eyes for anything that could be minutely human. He pushed then gun from his head like it was nothing and it fell out of my hand, mostly because I was so weak at the sight of him. I couldn't stop thinking about the night we shared together, but suddenly I remembered what he did to that girl.

He put his arms around me, slowly at first, and then he quickly and aggressively pulled me into him. I gasped, and he smirked. "Ya wouldn't really shoot daddy, now would ya, Doll?"

I looked up at him defeated, his pupils wide, but his icy blue/green eyes still showing. "Did you hurt him?"

"No, he is just asleep. Tranquilizer gun always does the trick!" he laughed.

Now he pulled his hands from behind my back and showed the papers he held. I recognized them, they were from a darker phase I went through a few months ago. He held one of the skyline of Gotham on fire, his face was translucent across it all; he was laughing in the picture. "This is the tattoo I want. And you're going to do it for me."

I pushed him back. "Get the fuck out of my apartment!"

He tilted his head again and looked at me with amusement in his eyes, then it turned dark. He pushed me back into the wall hard, and held me there with his hand around my throat. "HAHAHA YA REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT DOLL, YA REALLY SHOULDNTVE!"

He dropped the papers and panic ran through me as I gasped for oxygen, everything became fuzzy and I heard him laughing. "You know what to say and it'll all stop."

"Please..." I said, the pressure in my temples becoming heavier and I choked out. "Please daddy!"

He released my throat and I fell to the floor. Looks like I'm giving an insane clown a tattoo.