Chapter 27

*LAURENS P.O.V*

It's been a week since Jacob walked in on me and Mark. I'm still gonna go to the park but I don't know if Jacob will. He's not tried contacting me since that day.

I get out of bed and shower before putting on a white vest top with a tartan flannel and black jeans. I put some makeup on and straighten my hair. I then grab my phone and walk out of my house. I decide to walk to the park because I need to think of what I want to say to Jacob if he even shows up. I stop at Starbucks on the way and get a hot chocolate. Once I reach the park I sit on the bench that me and Jacob sat on on my birthday. I thought about how in love I was with Jacob at that moment. I still am.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned round. Jacob.

"You came" I say surprised.

"Yeah to be honest I'm surprised you did" he sat down.

"So..." I say.

"So..." he says.

"So what did you want to tell me?"

"Lauren I didn't cheat on you"

"But the tex-"

"Let me finish" he cut me off.

I nodded.

"Look I know this sounds like I'm making it up but I honestly don't know who was texting me and why those names where saved as contacts" I study his face closely. I don't think he's lying. "I would never cheat on you I love you so much but you clearly don't feel the same way after what you did with Mark" we were both silent for a few minutes

"Jacob I love you too but I don't know if I believe you"

"Why were you kissing Mark if you love me"

"I don't know. I was confused. You cheated on me"

"I swear on my life I didn't" he had tears in his eyes and he was looking straight into mine. I knew he wasn't lying.

"Okay I believe you"

His face changes from sadness to relief.

"Oh thank you so much Lauren" we're silent for a few more minutes.

"So... where do we go from here?" I ask him.

"Well you cheated on me with Mark"

"We only kissed"

"If I hadn't walked in you would have gone much further"

"But we didn't"

"Let's just be friends for now" he says.

"Okay" I agree.

*JACOBS P.O.V*

I don't want to just be friends but I'm not giving in that easily after she cheated.

"Do you like Mark?" I ask her.

"What? No. I thought I did when I was kissing him but now that I've had time to think I definitely don't" well that's a relief.

I stand up. "I've got to go bye Lauren"

She smiles "bye Jacob I'm glad we're friends again and I'm sorry"

I walk away. I want her so bad. I walk to marks house next and knock on the door. He answers and looks nervous when he realises it's me.

"Um hey" he says.

"We need to talk"

"Yeah come in" he opens the door fully letting me inside.

We sit on his couch. After an awkward silence he says something.

"What's happening with you and Lauren then?"

"I could ask you the same thing. Do you like her?"

He waits for a minute and slowly says "yeah. But I know you two love each other and I won't get in the way of that"

"Thanks Mark I appreciate it"

"Are you back together?" He asks me.

"No we're just gonna be friends for now but I still love her so much and I think she feels the same way"

"Okay"

I stand up. "Well I've got to go bye" I walk out of his house and back to my own. Now I need to figure out who set me up. Just as I'm turning on the tv I get a text.

Unknown number: Meet me tomorrow at the park. 5pm. Come alone or Lauren gets hurt.

Wtf.

Jacob: who is this?

Unknown number: you'll find out soon.

Jacob: I'll be there