Chapter 7

Dedicated to AlexHarper for being so sweet, thanks hun:)

***********

Chapter 7

Sighing I placed my iPad down after finally finishing the last chapter of the story I was editing, now three to go. Groaning loudly I stood up from the beige love seat after sitting in it for nearly two hours to complete the story I had started last night after the party. Stretching my arms above my head I felt the stiff muscles loosening in my shoulders from my slumped position and my bones cracking. Rolling my head I glanced at the round silver clock hanging by the door, great I missed lunch again.

Strolling over to my desk I rang Amy asking her to grab a quick lunch when I heard a familiar voice telling Amy to continue working.

The door to my office opened revealing Tess holding a bag in one hand and a rolled up magazine in the other.

"No surprise Khloe skips real food for work." Tess said with a disapproving shake of her head

"I had to finish Berkley's story by this afternoon for printing." I argued reaching up for the bag in her hand

Flashing her a grateful smile I motioned for her to sit on the love seat and I took the seat beside her. Opening the bag I smelt the tantalizing aroma of spices that tickled my nose, my mouth watered at the unrecognizable, homemade smell.

"Your the best." I grinned up appreciatively

"I know." she said rolling her eyes playfully

Opening the container I nearly moaned at the over sized meatball sub stacked with melted cheese, green bell pepper and the mixed spices that gave the perfect kick to the already mouth watering sub. The steam rolled off of the over stuffed sub indicating its freshness. Taking a less than ladylike bite I leaned back against the sofa chewing the mouth full.

Tess curled her feet to the side and turned in my direction her swollen belly outlined in the floral maxi dress. Fluttering her lashes she cleared her throat in the way she does when she knows something juicy. Usually I'd sigh and make something up to get her out of the room but the lunch she brought put me in a good mood. Than again maybe Tess had done that on purpose to butter me up.

"What is it?" I asked

Twisting her rosy red lips to the side she shrugged retrieving the magazine from next to her.

"It's nothing really." she said as she turned to the middle of the magazine

Dubious I lowered the sandwich eyeing her suspiciously. Folding the magazine in half she slammed it on the table.

"Just that your face is plastered on nearly every magazine and gossip column."

Puzzled I leant forward to get a better look at the magazine and what I saw had my eyes widening to an abnormal size. Placing the sandwich down I took the magazine into my hands reading the big bold letters:

'Has Khloe Found Love?'

Next to the outrageous question was a picture of Wes's arms around me while I leaned into him, recognizing the picture I knew it was when he was telling the over exaggerated story of our meeting. When had they taken this picture, they were busy with Stacy's engagement? Shocked by the unexpected photo I glanced on to the next page where there were more pictures. One of Wes with his hand on my butt, with his arm around my waist another with his eyes trained on my cleavage. There was even a picture of us walking out of the ballroom next to the photo it read:

'A Quick Break'

The article spoke of the ridiculous story of our meeting courtesy of Wes's stupidity. Quotes from on lookers who said we were getting touchy when in reality I was removing Wes's wandering hands from where ever he had slid them down to. The man was relentless through out the night and by the time we arrived at our building I had hit him enough for him to be bruised. Than again he was all muscle.