Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Wiping my clammy hands at the side of the red wine dress I released a breath, waiting for one of the servants to answer the door. Wes stood beside me looking as calm as always and looking irresistible, I thought with appreciation. His long, muscular legs were cladded in dark trousers, the soft emerald dress shirt clung to his broad shoulders outlining his upper body, the first two buttons were undone allowing a glimpse of the sun-kissed skin beneath the fabric. His hair was in it's usually tousled style that added to the edgy aura Wes gave off, the bronze of his skin seemed lighter compared to the coal like color of his hair. There was a slight prickle of a five o'clock shadow peppering across his squared jaw, his pink lips spread into a smirk and I found those shadowy grey eyes on me.

"It's no polite to stare." he winked

"You look nice." I said and averted my faze to my trembling fingers

Self consciously I ran a hand over my knee high dress, the silky fabric tickling my skin. It was a simple dress, sleeveless with a slight plunge from the back and a decent dip from the chest that I considered sexy, yet classy. The silky fabric clung to my curves like a second skin adding to the nerves racking my body, especially since I have worn this dress in years. My body obviously changed since than because my breasts were spilling out from the top and the area around my hips felt tighter than I remember, and I found myself wondering why I chose this dress.

"And you look yummy." he retorted, in a husky tone that made my cheeks flare

Oh yes, now I remember why I chose this dress.

The door opening saved me from responding to his comment, the young maid gave Wes a long look, devouring him with her eyes for a moment before gesturing for us to enter. Stepping in through the threshold I couldn't blame the girl as she started after him with longing, Wes was a nun's secret wet dream. Placing my hand over his forearm I couldn't help the sudden flare of jealousy as she followed behind us looking as if she could swallow him whole.

The sound of laughter filled the long hallway as he neared the dinning room, halting I tightened my grip on Wes's arm. He blinked down at me confusingly, "There's something you should know about my father before we go in there."

I bit my lip, trying to find the easiest and less harsh approach to explain my father's twisted personality "He has a tendency to make people uncomfortable." I said, finally settled on the carefully chosen words.

"Uncomfortable, how?" he asked

"Well.." I pulled my free hand through the loose hair hanging off my shoulder, meeting Wes's confused gaze I sighed defeatedly. There was no way around this. "My father is a douche." I admitted "He's rude, snobby, obnoxious and in no way does he try to hide his bad qualities and well I'm worried he might-"

"Take a jab at me?" Wes finished with a raised brow

I nodded, watching for Wes to freak out and turn on his heels. My father -when not begging me for money- is a royal pain in the ass, his bad manners towards people lower than him -money wise- was embarrassing and cruel. He treats others as if they are nothing but a speck of dust on his satin suits, not even bothering to lower his pointed nose in their direction. Growing up I never understood why he treated people the way he did and was always humiliated when he attacked the servants when none of his 'friends' were around.

"Please don't listen to anything he says." I pleaded, gripping his long, thick fingers "He can be a real jerk at times and I know he'll take a blow at you." I blurted, squeezing his fingers desperately

His fingers rolled across my palm, sliding his warm hand over mine as he entwined our fingers his piercing cloudy eyes locking with mine "I can handle your father." he assured me and squeezed my hand gently as he started forward.