Chapter 9

Thank you mynameismery for promoting TGND:)

************

Chapter 9

Gathering my blonde hair in a high bun I dropped my hands to my side exhausted and frustrated with Tess.

"It was not a date." I repeated yet again

"You spent the afternoon together, right?" she asked

"Yes, but-"

With a tskk she cut me off building up to something I knew I wouldn't like. "Had lunch together, correct?"

Switching the cellphone to my other ear I pouted my lips following her twisted train of thought. "Yes."

What sounded like a clap sounded from the background "Honey, that's a date."

"No, it isn't." I retorted frustrated by what she referred to as logic

As I promised I told Tess all about the shopping trip with Wes yesterday and I expected my friend to think something exciting went on when in reality nothing happened and Tess never failed to probe further. It didn't help though that I told her about the awkward moment when I measured Wes, I wasn't planning to tell her for the simple fact that she would read into nothing. It had slipped out unintentionally and before I could reel in the slip up Tess was gasping for more.

Strolling lazily over to the nearly filled bathtub I skimmed the tips of my fingers over the warm water pleased with the temperature.

"We stopped by a fast food place and ate burgers on the way back, that doesn't qualify as a lunch date." I added drily

"Deny it all you want hun, but it was a date." she all but sang

"Can we please change the subject."

It was not! Sure we spent a large part of the day together and unlike I expected it wasn't a disaster, actually it was a bit exciting to change the normal routine of my weekends. Which consisted of replacing meals with junk food while reading the latest novel that captured my attention or editing a client's story. One saturday spent with someone other than the very comfortable couch of mine was good enough for me.

Today I slipped back into my routine, spending the whole day curled up with a client's very eerie horror novel and let me say I am still freaked out. I keep waiting for Jason to barge through my door with his famous bloody knife held above his head. Although I kept busy a part of me wished Wes would drop by or even knock on my door just to tease me. It was insane of me to want to see the jerk, leaving the thought as just insane I ignored the sudden loneliness that seemed to wedge into my chest.

"Has he mentioned the magazine?"

"No, and I'm sure he hasn't seen it." I admitted, the ridiculous lies the trashy magazine wrote was far from the truth. The crap they spewed was about how I was madly in love with the man I seduced and ready to 'settle down, I would be mortified if Wes read the lies. Or worse believed them. Wes doesn't strike me as a prescriber to any gossip magazines so the lies shouldn't cause any difficulties.

"You guys looked so cute Khlo, I still think you should have a little fun with this." she said bringing up her opinion yet again

"Wes is everything I don't want in a man, he's not my type and you know I don't do flings."

Shutting the faucets closed I started unbuttoning the front of my blouse eager to soak in the tub after a long day of being curled up on the couch.

"Not your type! The man is a sex train and honey you need to jump on."

Chuckling softly at her joke I tossed my shirt into the hammer "I'm going to take a long bath now, bye Tess."