Chapter 47

• Dedicated to My brother who finally woke up:)

Chapter 47

Finishing the last button of my blouse I released a soft sigh as I turned to look around the room in search for my skirt. Although Wes was gentle removing them he sure was the same when he tossed them, I found my panties dangling off on the knobs of one of his drawers and it took forever to find my bra between this mess. While I searched for my missing clothing Wes has been taking a rather long shower, probably trying to remember the events of this morning.

Hands on my bare hips I turned to face the bed where my gray skirt lay at the far corner of the bed. Hopping onto the crumbled sheets I crawled to where my skirt was forgetting that I was in only my panties when I heard a door open. With a startled gasp I whipped around fearing one of his sisters came in or worse, their children.

"What are you doing?" he asked with an amused smile

Relieved I didn't just moon one of his nieces or nephews I turned back around to grab my skirt and held it in the air for him to see. Sliding off the bed I stepped into the skirt and pulled it up my legs, much more comfortable now that I'm dressed. Lifting my head I felt the smile on my lips widen as I set my eyes on a freshly washed and dripping Wes. With nothing but a towel around his hips leaving the rest do his sun kissed, tone body out for display and I shamelessly gawked at his chiseled and wet chest. My throat went dry as I followed a random droplet travel from beneath his chest down the ridges of his abs and below the towel to an area my lower area throbbed eagerly for.

Clearing my throat I forced my gaze up "Good afternoon."

"Actually it's evening." he corrected with a smile

Glancing back at the alarm clock sitting on the nightstand I was surprised to see it was five thirty, we slept all day. Running a hand through my messy hair I felt strangely at ease although I slept through an entire day which I haven't done since high school.

"How are you feeling?" I asked

"I have a monster headache but other than that pretty good and you?"

Arching a quizzical brow I took a step forward "Do you really need to ask?" I teased as I snaked my arms around his waist

His lips curved in response, pleased to see him in a brighter mood I couldn't help but stand on the tips of my toes and peck his lips. Looking for more I leaned forward intending on deepening the kiss when his hand rested on my hip, anchoring me away from him. Puzzled, I tilted my head to question him when I noticed the gleam of amusement in his eyes were no longer there and neither was the smile.

"We need to talk."

The seriousness of his voice did nothing but make me nervous and more importantly run the other way. Nodding, I took a step back so there was space between us again. Sighing Wes sat on the edge of the bed, his hands resting on his knees as he stared at the blue rug. The silence stretched as the tension built itself with every second that ticked by, and with every one of those second I grew more and more anxious.

"I want to apologize for my behavior this morning, it wasn't fair of me to ask you to stay with me when you were only making sure I'm okay."

"It's fine Wes, but why didn't you call me when-"

He lifted his head, those stormy orbs darkened further "When my dad died." he finished my sentence and lowered his head again "I promised you time and calling you would have meant breaking that promise. I couldn't be selfish enough to ask something like that of you knowing how confused you are already, it wouldn't be fair to you."

I had no response to that, what could I say anyway? Thank you for considering my feelings after all this time when I haven't considered yours as much. Ashamed of my own selfishness I lowered my head wondering how I got so lucky to find someone like Wes who would rather deal with such a difficult time alone rather than call for me. It was yet another reason why Wes deserved someone better than me, someone who would put him first but thinking of Wes holding another woman angered me. I am selfish when it comes to Wes and that is no secret.