Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Slamming my phone back in place I felt every cell in my body tremble with rage at the audacity of my bitch of my a sister. Not only did she have the nerve to lie to me for two years about dating Greg and purposely humiliate me by going along with the charade Greg cooked up but she had to create a fabricated story that I hit her because I was jealous. Jealous of a bullshit relationship that was based on money and greed, not likely.

My mother however believed the baldfaced lie and automatically turned to scold me, not bothering to ask my side so I didn't listen to her and hung up. Pushing off the couch I made a bee line for the fridge, hugging a container of caramel swirl ice cream I fetched a spoon intending on skipping into a ice cream coma when a knock sounded at the door. Who would be visiting at this hour? No one usually visits me other than-Wes.

My heart skipped a beat as I dropped the ice cream on the table, immediately patting my hair for any fly aways. Dressed in grey striped pajama bottoms and a black tank top I didn't look to horrible but still not a sexy look either. Regardless of my own opinion I ran across the room a goofy smile spreading on my face as I pulled the door open, expecting a certain italian hunk that I was secretly hoping for to stop by but received a tall, lanky blonde who hours ago fücked Greg.

The corners of my lips dropped, disappointed it wasn't Wes. I was aware that when I do see him we would discuss our last conversation and I'd be told yet again to 'figure out what I want' yet I yearned for Wes right now more than I need ice cream and a tacky romance movie.

"What do you want Aaron?" I sighed exhausted from both earlier encounters with two different men I loathed for years

He rubbed the back of his neck, his eyes darting to different areas of my face "We didn't really discuss what happened at your parent's house and I wanted to explain myself."

"It's fine, A."

"I know he was your ex and it was wrong of me to continue with what we were doing. You're my best friend and no amount of sêx could-wait what?" he gaped in disbelief, his thin pink lips parting "We're okay?"

I nodded and stepped aside allowing him in to my apartment. Pressing his mouth shut he silent entered although the confusion etched on his face was loud enough. Gesturing to the soft green sofa I retrieved a spoon for him recalling his obsession with ice cream in high school was worse than mine. Like the young teen I knew then he brightened instantly as I sat the container on the coffee table, I smiled watching his soft brown eyes sparkle like a child's on Christmas.

"I actually want to thank you for today." I said as I pulled the lid off

He shot a trimmed brow up in silent questioning as he placed a generous amount of ice cream in his mouth.

Scraping my spoon across the untouched frozen treat I found it difficult to meet Aaron's gaze as I spoke the truth out loud "I never really liked Greg, our relationship was...." I paused, searching for a word the fit the twisted relationship we had "For show. I agreed to date him to please my father who I still foolishly try pleasing and Greg's intentions were never a secret." I laughed humorlessly

That's how this whole situation felt like, a humorless joke that life evilly tossed my way.

Swallowing I felt the sting of embarrassment hit me hard as I thought of the months I wasted on the bastard, persuading myself that I could be happy if I tried but I never was happy. Obviously neither was Greg but I tried hoping to finally settle down just because I had my father's stamp of approval but the more weeks passed the more I felt trapped in the emotionless relationship.

"I wanted so bad to be happy that I took the crap he gave me and I didn't even like the guy!" I exclaimed with a shake of my head "I allowed him to make me feel like a failure of a woman and it took two years for me to realize there isn't anything wrong with me. The asshole likes dícks and so do I." I laughed softly finding the whole ordeal quite humoring in a twisted way