Chapter 10

This chapter is for irish_alyssa_1499 who left me sweet message ^_^

********

Chapter 10

Frozen in place I watched the skinny bald man shouting profanities, his pale skin blotched red from anger. What little hair he had waved back and forth as he walked from one side of the rug to the other not once pausing from his rant. He was a long time client of the company always bringing in enough profit to keep Henry and the board pleased which meant we kept renewing his contract despite his short temper and bitter insults.

It all started early this morning when he came by to check out the new cover -which I personally liked- and to say he wasn't pleased was an understatement, as soon as his eyes fixed on the cover he started cursing loudly hating the so called 'childish' illustrations. Sending my team away I decided to spare them his cruel insults and took the blame, I'm the boss so any praise or criticism hits me head on.

"It's a fucking joke and I am not putting my name on that shit. In fact I'm not putting my name under this company." he said stopping in front of me

"Now Mr. Sanders that is a bit drastic, we'll redo the cover to your specifications and the problem will be solved." I spoke in a professional tone

The skinny man's brows shot up as if I told him the secret of life is in my left drawer, his features hardened as anger glowed in his dark brown eyes burning a hole straight through me. Of all the editors in the company I was one of the few who could deal with his harsh anger especially when he had that expression, the expression of a man ready to rip someone's head clean off their neck.

"Oh little Ms. Snobby is going to snap her pretty fingers and save the day what a fucking surprise!" he shouted throwing his hands up in the air dramatically "You know I hate people like you."

"People like me?" I repeated raising one brow but keeping my expression neutral

Nodding, the frail man walked up to my desk and placed his knuckles against the smooth, shiny steel desk his eyes narrowing to slits filled with disgust. Keeping my posture straight as a ruler I refused to show any sign of weakness because men like him thrived on those reactions, to see their victim squirm uncomfortably under those beady eyes. Keeping my expression clear of any emotion I waited for him to elaborate his opinion of me, not that he cared if I wanted to listen to him or not.

"You are the worse kind of human Ms. Sparks." he spat my name as if it were poison "The kind that is dead on the inside, you have no emotion which is why you wouldn't understand writing needs passion a feeling you will never feel because you don't feel. You're just another business person looking for a bigger paycheck and squashing the little guy's creativity doesn't mean shit to you. You're a leech, a filthy, dream sucking leech and people like you disgust me!" he spat darkly

Nodding curtly I felt a lump form in my throat at his harsh insult, swallowing the lump that seemed to make breathing difficult. I refuse to show this scum bag a reaction and please his twisted self by bursting into tears. Folding my hands over the desk I kept my gaze locked with the man staring down at me with filth, with a emotionless mask effectively hiding the blow of his insult I spoke.

"Well you can go to a different editor if you like Mr. Sanders otherwise you will have to endure with any unlikable traits about me just as I have to endure your flaws." I replied in a dead tone

The man seemed surprised by my calm reaction and rather rude reply but at this point I could care less if the asshole took offense. Stunned silent the man didn't utter a word as he waited to see a reaction and he would be waiting a long time if he expected me to crack under those beady eyes. Standing up I adjusted ruffled blouse keeping a business like attitude firmly up.