31. Little Sky Person

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

Lacey's POV

I woke up to the feeling of cold water being thrown against me. My eyes shot open and I gasped for breath. It took me a minute but I was able to observe my surroundings in a couple of seconds. It was a small room with tan walls, at least three grounders were in here. There was a cage in the corner and I knew that was for me. Currently I was chained similarly to how Lincoln was. The chains were connected to the ceiling, and my arms were being pulled in opposite directions. I saw some of my clothes piled in a corner. I was currently in my bra -which kinda creeped me out- and my jeans. Everything else, including my shoes was piled in the corner.

I didn't really have much time to dwell on that, however. I knew what I was doing here and why they had undressed me the way they did. I was going to be tortured, and they wanted as much skin available as possible. I was actually surprised they didn't undress me more than they did. I didn't show that I was scared though. I kept a straight face. There was one grounder in the back of the room, who didn't show their face. A mask and hood concealed his true identity. There was a girl with long black hair, she was taller than me and more muscular. Her eyes we almost as black as her hair. The other grounder in the room was Anya.

"Lacey." Anya states stepping closer to me, "We have taken both of your leaders, you and Clarke. I assume without the commander and without her second it'll be easier to take your camp."

I scoff, "You're stupid." I say starting to laugh, "Do you know how many leadership types we have in that camp? A shit ton, if you think taking me will cripple them, you're wrong. In fact you have just inspired them to fight even harder than they originally would've, you've forced them to be more creative. You've just created a deadlier enemy, congratulations."

Her eyes narrow, but she doesn't respond to what I say, "Clarke is going to become our new healer. I would've chosen you, but you're more stubborn and I never keep the leader of another tribe. You are going to give us information, if not, well I'm sure you can see where this is going."

I laugh but a bit harder this time, "You think I'd actually betray my people? How stupid do you think I am? Do you see these scars on my back? Do you see all of my scars? Those didn't come from people treating me like a princess. So hit me with out worst shot, I can guarantee I've had worse."

The grounder in the corner covering their face moved around to look at the scars I was referring to. I found myself curious about him. I understood the mask as armor, but he didn't want me to see his face and that's why I was intrigued by him. Anya got fed up with me and turned to the black haired girl, with a low voice.

"Don't let her leave."

"How could I leave?" I question causing Anya to roll her eyes, "You've got me chained to the fucking ceiling! If I wanted to leave I'd have to take this whole goddamn building with me."

"Someone shut her up." Anya mutters.

"Allow me."

The girl steps onto the ankle I had sprained, or I had assumed I sprained. But this pretty much confirmed it. I let out a small shriek and Anya laughed, so did the girl.

"You vermin are so weak." The girl laughs, "Screaming is for the weak. You all scream."

When she moves in front of me, I let out out a low growl. When she starts to laugh again at me, I slam my forehead into the bridge of her nose, she stumbles back with a shout as blood starts pouring from her nose.