14. No Problem Lace

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

I opened my eyes to be met with cloth walls. I was in a tent, a very big tent. Which made me realize that this was Bellamy's tent. I roll onto my back and glance over at him. He was on top of the blankets curled up into the corner. I'm in Bellamy's tent, sharing a bed with Bellamy. This is very weird. My eyes widened at the sudden realization that I was able to fall asleep, I'm rarely able to do that without Finn. I can only fall asleep when I feel completely safe in my surroundings, which was usually with Finn but I fell asleep in my tree because I felt safe there.

           I sigh through my nose and sit up, trying to make as little noise as possible. I swung my legs over the bed and slipped my boots on. I considered taking Bellamy's jacket, but if anyone was awake outside this would already look weird enough. When I got outside dawn hadn't broken yet and there wasn't a soul awake in the camp. I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again, so I wandered to my tree which I hadn't visited in six days.

When I got up to the tree, I marked down the six days I hadn't marked before. I looked over to the grave site and counted the graves. Two for the boys who followed Finn, one for Trina, Pascal, and Atom. I crossed out three more tally marks on the branch. I climbed back down to the ground and now was searching for someone, anyone.

There were a few people up, most of them looking like they were looking for something, or someone. When they saw me they seemed to have relaxed. When I looked around the only person just now coming from outside of camp was Murphy, and his arms were full of firewood. So I'm pretty sure people knew he was gone. I noticed Bellamy standing a few feet away and made my way over to him.

"Were they looking for me?" I ask gesturing to the few people who had found something better to do.

Bellamy's eyes and body seemed to relax when he saw me, "When the definition of loud and irritating vanishes from camp, people begin to worry."

Murphy by now was standing beside Bellamy along with his other minions. They all began to snicker and I morphed my face into a small frown.

"That's not a very nice thing to say about Murphy." I say still frowning but the corners of my mouth started to pull into a smirk.

Miller tried to hide his burst of laughter with a cough after Bellamy glanced over at him. Actually all the boys started to laugh but tried to hide it, even Murphy's lips were trying not to smile. Bellamy looked over at me and let out a breathe that sounded like a chuckle.

"Go do something useful." Bellamy says to his pets, before they scamper away.

"Definition of loud and irritating?" I question, pushing his shoulder back.

He lets out a small laugh as a smile spreads across his face, "Just because we started over doesn't mean we lose our banter. Right?" He asks while scratching the back of his neck.

I nod in agreement, "Right. I'll see you later." I say backing away.

"You better not be going outside camp, it could be dangerous." He shouts after me.

"Nice to know you care." I laugh back at him, "I still don't take orders from you, Blake."

I walk back out of camp and head straight for my tree. As I walked towards it my leg caught on something, probably a branch, and I fell straight into the ground. The heels of my palms and my wrists began throbbing after catching my fall. I sat up and expected to find dirt covering my hands, but instead I was met with the deep red color of blood.