7. We're Even Now

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

The rest of the group eventually surfaced and we were able to get closer to finding Jasper. Finn and Clarke were in the lead, it was mostly Finn since he was the tracker but Clarke stayed close by.

Elliot and I were behind them. I was thanking God every moment they stopped to look at something, so I could take a break. Elliot stayed close by me, I'm not sure whether it was to help me walk and get up, or if she was protecting me from the untrustworthy.

Wells stayed by Bellamy and Murphy who were in the back of the group looking bored. My theory is that Wells can "contain" them better when they are close by. As for Bellamy and his bitch I didn't really care what they were doing, as long as they weren't bothering me or my friends.

            We were currently walking beside a small creek. It was silent, which was surprising. The only sound I could hear were the pebbles crunching under our feet, and the creek flowing beside us. That is until Murphy decided to ruin my tranquil moment with his loud mouth.

            "Hey, how do we know this is the right way?"

            "We don't." Bellamy snapped his voice filled with irritation as he kicked a couple of pebbles, "Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker."

            I scoff and roll my eyes, earning a death glare from both of the boys.

            "It's called 'cutting sign.' Fourth-year earth skills. He's good." Wells retorted, his voice holding the same amount of irritation as Bellamy's.

            I swear to god putting up with Bellamy and his band of followers were like dealing with five year olds. They were idiotic and annoying the majority of the time.

            "You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?"

            Finn notices a small plant with a broken branch, he examines it for a moment before dropping down to a squat. He studied the pebbles below and the blood that covers them, Clarke follows him, bending down beside him.

            "See?" I hear Bellamy's low voice behind me, "You're invisible."

            I peer over my shoulder and watch as Wells' shoulders slump and his gaze drops to the ground. Elliot grabs my arm and shakes her head signaling now wasn't the time to challenge him, or question him. I nodded showing her I understood.

            A loud moan interrupted everyone's thoughts and movements. I wish I could say I knew it was Jasper, but I didn't. I had 95% certainty it was him, but I wasn't going to be that stupid.

            "What the hell was that?"

            "Now would be a good time to take out that gun." I sigh, following as Finn and Clarke rush ahead.

            We ran through a line of trees before we came to another clearing. There was a tree in the middle that Jasper was tied to. The sight terrified me.

            "Jasper." Clarke whispered.

            "Oh, my God." Elliot muttered.

            Clarke started to rush forward, and I followed behind her telling her to be careful. Alas she ignored me. If it was Finn feeling her that, she would have listened.

            "What the hell is this?" Bellamy asks from behind me.

            I noticed something, the ground, it was all wrong. There was a a place where the ground caved in, where it didn't have support bellow it. Clarke took another step closer to that part of the ground. I rushed forward and pulled her back, stumbling forward while doing so.