Chapter 6

{Y/n}'s POV

While going through the portal a bright light surrounds us. I force my eyes shut, as if I'd go blind if I didn't. I slowly open my eyes and gasp at the sight. There was a bunch of floating islands and what looked like planets all around us. As we continue flying we start to see amazing things like waterfalls and weird plants. 

"The islands are floating" Wendy says with amazement. 

"This is your homeland Happy" Natsu tells his partner. 

"This is Edolas" Happy says in amazement as well. 

"It really is a different world" Carla tells everyone stating the obvious. As we flew we say these light blue things that must be Edolas' birds. 

"It's full of strange trees and plants." Wendy says to herself. Natsu looks at something. 

" Wow, look at that Happy, a river is floating in the sky, how did it do that?" He says. I just looked around, remaining silent as I did. I felt my magic begin to deplete quickly. Or, quicker then normal.

"Come on you people, I know how you feel but we didn't come here to sigh-see." Carla tells us all reminding us of our quest. 

"Guys Carla is right, we need to focus." I tell them finally talking. Natsu's face immediately drops. 

"My bad." He says to us. I giggle slightly as Natsu's cheeks turn light pink. Suddenly I feel extremely light as we start to fall. We all scream as we hit these tree like things that are very fluffy, breaking our fall. I look around and see Wendy landed on her stomach, Carla landed so her legs and tail are in the ground, Happy landed on his back and Natsu had his head, arms and torso in the ground. Natsu struggles to get out shaking his legs. 

"My wings suddenly" Happy starts still dazed. 

"What happened?" Wendy asks Carla. She only crossed her arms. 

"I told you, you can't use magic freely hear." Carla tells us. 

"Oh that's right, I feel kind of strange." Wendy replies to Carla. Suddenly Natsu's struggling pays off and he hops right out of the ground thing.

I look around, having heard a familiar voice call out. Suddenly, someone crashed into me, nearly knocking me down. I looked down at the figure that hit the floor and my eyes widened.

"Cynthia?!" I exclaimed, picking up the exceed.

"(Y/n), I saw you fly into the portal and decided to follow you" She explained and I hugged her tightly.

 "Okay then, lets go search for everyone." Natsu says with enthusiasm. We all nod and start walking into the forest. 

We walk but I seem to tune out their talking. We seem to be walking for hours until I was taken out of my thoughts by someones stomach grumbling. Natsu admits it was him and we keep walking. I tune out their talking looking around. I suddenly hear something about disguises. I look at them to see Natsu smiling.

"Oh no. This can't be good." I say out loud, Cynthia looking at me and agreeing. Natsu grabs a bunch of plants and puts it on us like it were clothing. I had a giant flower on my head with a leaf dress held together by vines. Natsu and Happy looked like bushes. Wendy had something on her head and a flower dress. Carla had a dress and crown made out of leaves and Cynthia had a flower hat and a leaf dress similar to Carla's. We continue walking. 

"This isn't a disguise this is camouflage." Happy says deciding to speak up. 

"All that matters is that no one notices us." Natsu says still proud of his work.