Chapter 20

"I'll leave them to you then. I'll take Zeref back to master Hades." Ultear says to her ally. 

"Oh, you've already discovered him." Kain says happily to his partner. 

"You're not going anywhere. And your not taking Zeref anywhere either!" I say to the woman in front of me. 

"Don't hold back. Show them who we truly are." Ultear says to the male. 

"I wont betray your trust Ultear" Kain said to her, ready to fight. 

"I'm leaving him to you. I'm going after her!" I say to Natsu, chasing after the girl before anyone can stop me.

I have to stay quiet, and let her lead me to Zeref. I will save him, I have to. Summoning my wings, I glide quickly and quietly though the air, staying inside the shadows. Maybe she can lead me to Hades, and I could end everything before she gets to him fully. Alright, looks like I have a plan. Now I just have to stay in control, and don't let my anger take control like it did before.

It's been about 20 minutes. I have been following Ultear, who is now carrying Zeref away. After about five minutes I notices Gray stalking Ultear as well. Suddenly, Gray yelps out in agony from what seems like nothing. Ultear notices this and picks up her pace. She puts down Zeref against a tree and goes to where Gray was previously. Knowing them, I can trust Gray to distract her while I take Zeref to an other place. 

I come out of the shadows and I grab his limp body. What did she do to him? No matter, I have to get him out of here. Using my arm and wing to support him. I create a decoy of water for her to take. I begin walking at a fairly quick pace to get to a safe place. I can't be out in the open for long, my wounds still aren't fully healed. Damn fire god magic. Making my wounds take forever to heal and my magic hours to replenish. No matter, I must press on. And if I do run into anyone, I will fight them with all I got.

"This should be a good place." I mumble to myself as I enter a cave from behind a wall of vines and moss. I stumble a bit as I lay Zeref down onto the ground. I push myself to the other side of the cave as I try to catch my breath. After that large rumble, the three on Tenrou island was cut down. It somehow effected my magic, making in weaker then it already was.  I slid down the wall and I close my eyes. I'm glad I was able to get back Zeref. He can't fall into their hands. Not at this point in time, where they could use him. Slowly, the dark mage began to stir. Holding his head slightly, he opens his eyes and looks at me. 

"How are you feeling Zeref?" I ask him, a smile across my face. 

"(Y/n), you remember me?" He asks me in wonder. 

"Of course. I knew you since I was a kid." I say to him. "I was worried about you." I tell him calmly. I have to be careful now. He's unstable, and I don't want to cause him pain. 

"You shouldn't be." He tells me, looking away from me. 

"But I was, and I always will be." I tell him. "You don't have to worry about killing me." I tell him as my eyes trail to the ground. He looks back at me and notices some familiar markings. 

"Why do you have those blue markings on your body?" He asks me, suspicious at if I really was me or my father. 

"Don't worry Zeref. They appeared when I began to fight on this island. I've been getting a really short temper though. I think my multi-slayer magic is becoming unstable." I tell him honestly. I've put my life into this boy's hands at one point. That's how much I trusted him.

"That worries me." He says dully as he looks to the ground. He let out an involuntary shiver due to the cold rain we were struck by. 

"Are you alright?" I ask him, not wanting him to feel uncomfortable. 

"Slightly." He mumbles as he brings his knees to his chest. 

"Are you cold?" I ask him, and once I get no reply I stand up. His eyes seem to follow me as I stumble to where he was. I sit down beside him and hold his hand. Knowing that I might also be cold, I begin to think of Ultear and how she wanted to take him away. I hated the thought of it. I hated her for being so incredibly selfish. 

These thought's made my body temperature rise slightly. Like I had said a while ago, when I'm mad, my body temperature will begin to rise. 

"Your warm." The ravenette comments from beside me as he rests his head on my shoulder. 

"I'm glad I can help. You've helped me so many times, I'm glad I can finally return the favor." I tell him, a smile on my face. A comfortable silence fills the room before he breaks it.

"Remember when I used to visit and I let you do everything your parents never allowed you." He says, chuckling slightly at the memory. I haven't heard him get remotely close to laughing in so long. It makes my heart flutter knowing he's still himself. 

"Yup. Like how you snuck me out to take me to the caves, where we ended up getting attacked anyways." I say to him, remembering how hard we tried to get home and not get caught. 

"I do, and there are so many more like it. You have such bad luck." He says to me, a smirk on his face. 

"Hey! You don't have to rub it in." I complain to him, he doesn't have to be mean about it. 

"I guess it makes sense when your parents are a black magic dragon and a clumsy one." He says, a teasing tone in his voice. I look at him from the corner of my eye in a playful glare. 

"How dare you." I say in a joking tone. Chuckling a little bit more, he looks at our intertwined hands.

 "Where did the markings start?" He asked me, examining the blue lines. 

"On my right hand. Now they cover my face and other arm, and are starting to appear on my legs." I say, taking notice to the lines that had just appeared on my legs. 

"It's odd. He could of sworn you would never get the marks." He says to me, his voice in a whisper. 

"I remember my brother also having them, but the memories of them are so faint." I mumble as my head begins to spin. 

"(Y/n), are you okay?" He asks me, worried at what was happening. 

"I'm just tired." I say as I lean my head on his shoulder. 

"Have you been exposed to dark magic?" He asks me, squeezing my hand to keep me awake. 

"Almost all of this trip."I told him, beginning to lean my body on his. He seems to be deep in thought at this. He closes his other hand and focuses energy into in. He opens it again to reveal a ring. 

"This will help your body handle the dark magic." He says to me as he slips the ring on my finger. 

"Thank you." I say in a whisper, admiring the black colored ring. It had a design that resembled the markings I had, but the black colour was consistent. 

"It will also help protect you from magic that could be preventing recovery." He says as he notices me showing more signs of falling asleep. 

"T-thank you." I say to him, finding words hard to form. 

"Close your eyes. I'll keep watch and make sure we're safe." He tells me, his thumb tracing a blue line at the back of my hand. 

"L-like old t-t-times..." I mumble softly before closing my eyes, falling asleep almost immediately.

I really enjoyed making this little cute moment with Zeref. Anyways, I just published a new story, so check it out if you want. It will  not get in the way of this story. I hope you all enjoyed and I will see you all in the next chapter. Peace