Chapter 13

The walk back was quite fun actually. I had taught Elizabeth basic healing and how to defend herself with her magic. It was slightly different from mine but it wasn't that hard. After we had gotten back the duke offered me and Cynthia to stay the night since it was quite late. We accepted and ended up getting our reward. We left the next morning after thanking the duke and his daughter. We went straight back to the guild after that. Well, we had to figure out who was going to participate in the trials. So I flew back as fast as possible.

Now, in reality, I am speaking with Mira at the bar. It is the afternoon, so we should be hearing the announcement soon enough. If your wondering why I'm so calm, It's because I'm ignoring everything going on behind me and having a nice talk with Mira. So when a table hit the back of my head, interrupting my friendly conversation I was a little pissed. Before I had time to do anything we where told to meet at the stage room. So much for fighting back.

I was in the crowd of people. Almost the whole guild was here. So that was a lot of people. Wile we waited I made I way to try to find my friends. I walked beside Lucy and saw Juvia fawning over Gray. We never really talked much, other when she approached me and called me her 'love rival'. Whatever that means anyways. I decide not to get involved and I go to try and find Natsu. It didn't talk that long until I found him. I could tell he was excited, nervous or both. 

"Natsu, good luck." I say to him, a smile on my face. He looked over at me and red covered his face. 

"Thanks (y/n), you too." He tells me, his grin widening. We turn to the stage when the curtains open, revealing Master, Mira, Erza and Guildarts. Wait, Guildarts is participating again. That's it. Even if I get chosen I'm not getting S class. 

The guild begins cheering and calling out in excitement. "Fairy tail, as we have done since days long past, I will announce the participants in this years S class wizard advancement program." He says as the guild begins cheering louder. I hear faintly as Natsu says his signature line as the guild cheers. 

"Everyone, settle down." Erza calls out. 

"Master isn't finished speaking yet." Guildarts says seriously. That's a tone he only has when the topic is work or this. The guild quiets down and waits anxiously. 

"This year's exam will take place on Tenrou Island. It is the holy ground for our guild. Each of your powers, hearts and souls, I have judged them all this past year. There will be nine participants." He calls out to us, making us wait in anticipation. 

"Natsu Dragneel" He says loudly. "All right." Natsu says from beside me. 

"Gray Fullbuster" He says to us. 

"Juvia Lockser". Wait, master chose a newbie? Well then, I'll have to watch out for her. She must be strong. 

"Elfman". Well, I think that's quite obvious. He has been working especially hard this year. 

"Cana Alberona". Like every year, she's participating. I wonder how she feels about it. I know how she gets around this time of year. 

"Freed Justine". He got chosen, even after the whole Laxus fiasco. Well, maybe he wants to prove himself. 

"Levi McGarden" Oh, Levi is participating. 

"Mest Gryder" Wait, this guy. He was chosen last year too right? I don't know, I remember him, but at the same time I don't. I can't explain it. 

"(y/n) (l/n)" He calls out last. Wait I did it. I made it again. Oh thank all that is good in the world I get an other shot. But Guildarts is probably going to rip that hope away from me. 

"This time, only one of you will pass. The exam will take place in a week. So everyone, prepare yourselves." Master informs us. Everyone begins talking and placing bets on who will win.