Chapter 41

Why on earth would he actually participate in the games today. Like, I get you wanted to show up Natsu, but you're a damn dragon slayer. Motion sickness runs through out magic veins. You'd think by the name 'chariots' you'd understand a big component of the game. But nope, Gajeel decided to go and participate just because Natsu wanted to participate.

And seriously Sting? Did you actually want to bet on what I had to say versus getting a win by letting a NON dragon slayer participate? Why the hell do you care for my validation?

I let out a sigh as I watched the scene unfold. The three dragon slayer participants were lagging behind, and part of me wanted to pity them.

"Why do you even bother entering the tournament? You're nothing like the Fairy Tail I knew growing up. You're obsessed with how tough you are and how the rest of the world thinks of you. What happened to the Fairy Tail of my childhood? The guild who did whatever the hell it wanted, whenever they wanted. They never cared about what anyone else said or thought of them" Sting asked Natsu and Gajeel, and I closed my eyes at his question. Was the whole world oblivious to what had happened to our guild.

"For our friends"

"The ones who waited for us. For all the years we were gone"

His words rang out through the stadium, and I looked to the stands and saw everyone of my guildmates who were left behind become more choked up at his words. My heart pulled and I smiled, turning my attention back to the lacrima.

"The Fairy Tail guild never gave up, not for an instant! So I'm not going to give up now!" Both Natsu and Gajeel continued on, and eventually crossed the finish line taking 6th and 7th place. Sting had forfeited, so Sabertooth got no points in the end. How was such a strong guild ready to give up so easily. It's something I didn't understand.

When they finished, the crowd went wild, despite our low placement. But Sting did get one thing right. We don't care about what others think of us. We never did and never will. We're here for those who were left behind. And Fairy Tail has first set in its sights.

Next, we were moving onto the battle portion.

Elfman from the other Fairy Tail team was going up against Bacchus from Quadro Cerberus. Cana; who is our reserved member and was in the same area as us, stood up and started calling out for someone to avenge her. That's right, Bacchus won in their drinking game. Never say Cana drink till she dropped, so it was something new.

Bacchus was extremely cocky, and made a bet with Elfman. At his words, I grit my teeth and looked at him in disgust. I noticed Mira become extremely uncomfortable, and that's Mira we're talking about. I couldn't even begin to imagine how Lisanna was doing. Everyone in Fairy Tail was grossed out at this guy.

The battle itself was crazy. At first, it was completely one sided with Bacchus not even trying. With the battle, I saw Mira grow increasingly worried, a very uncomfortable look on her face. I don't blame her. Not only is that her brother that was getting destroyed in battle, but her and Lisanna were victims of a disgusting bet.

In the end, Elfman had a really risky strategy that ended in victory. The crowd went absolutely wild at the battle, and I had to admit that I was impressed. I never really talked to Elfman that much, but I could see an obvious improvement to the past. To be able to win a battle Erza was never able to, he was on the level of several S class wizards.

Next was the battle between Mirajane and Jenny, and I had an odd feeling I knew where this was going. Within the first minute of the battle starting, the two girls started to do a modeling contest instead of actually fighting.

"The hell?" Gajeel says, clearly taken aback by what the girls decided to do. I couldn't help but chuckle at what was going on.

"I had a feeling something like this would happen" I grinned, watching the two girls have their fun as models. Though, very quickly after the battle started, Mermaid Heel joined into the battle. Pretty soon, plenty of guild's joined and Mavis was now encouraging us to join.