Chapter 33

"I'm tired (Y/n)" Cynthia complains as she lays down on my head. 

"Well that's your own fault." I tell her bluntly as I walk inside the guild hall. 

"Good morning (Y/n)" Natsu says to me, a bright smile on his face. 

"Hey Natsu, how was your training?" I ask him, a smile making it's way onto my face. For some reason, the question makes Natsu pale slightly. 

"It was a-alright." He says to me, laughing nervously. Looking at him oddly, my attention was drawn to master calling everyone over. 

"Listen up kids, it's time to be announcing the five who will be representing Fairy tail in the Grand magic games." He says to us, standing on one of the tables. He clears his throat before he begins. "Natsu" He announces. 

"Oh yeah!" Natsu says confidently. 

"Gray" He says, looking over at the ice wizard. 

"I'm honored." Gray says to master, smirking at the change. 

"Erza" Master says, looking at the scarlet haired knight.

"I won't let you down" Erza says to him, glad to have the opportunity. Well, those three are a given, they are Fairy tail's strongest team. 

"And the remaining two will be, Lucy and Wendy" Master announces as the two look at him in shock. Elfman begins to 'cry' saying how it was humiliating. I'll be honest, the news did sting a bit. I had worked so hard and I don't get chosen. I guess master just thinks they're better suited for the job then I am. 

"Congratulations Lucy, Wendy" I say to the two, a bright smile on my face. 

"I'm surprised you weren't chosen in our place (Y/n)." Lucy says, unintentionally rubbing salt into the wound. Ouch.

"But I'm not a fighter Master. Can't you pick Laxus or Gajeel instead?" Wendy asks master, begging to be replaced. Um, ow. 

"I don't really have that option cause neither of them has come back yet." Master says to Wendy. Wait, but I saw Gajeel yesterday, and Cynthia is with me. Something odd is going on now. Why is master hiding the truth from her? Clearly he knows that at least Gajeel is here, right? 

"We weren't chosen by our individual strength, but by our combined strength as a team. So let's make him proud and give it our all." Erza says to motivate Lucy. 

"Right, good point" Lucy says to the red head. 

"Yeah! I'll do my very best" Wendy says to Erza. 

"I think we have much more of a fighting change with Laxus or Gajeel on the team. But my hands are tied here." Master mumbles to himself. Does he not know or is he putting on a show? 

"We can hear what you're saying." Natsu and Gray say at the same time. 

"Alright team. The grand magic games is the best opportunity for us to reclaim the prominence we once held. Today, Sabertooth is regarded as Fiores number one guild. Let us take that title, Fairy tail will be the top guild again!" Erza says, motivating everyone.

Once that settles down, the Grand magic games team leaves to pack, since we leave tomorrow. I walk over to the bar, where Kinana and Mira are behind the counter. 

"Hey (Y/n), how are you doing?" Mira asks me while cleaning a cup. 

"I'm great actually. I'm happy for the ones who got chosen to represent our guild." I say to her, smiling. 

"Are you sure, you look a little upset?" She says to me, leaning on the counter. How did she know? 

"You scare me sometimes Mira." I say to the girl, a creeped out look on my face. She just laughs at me as Master walks over to us.