Chapter 43

I made it back to the hotel and immediately noticed the others weren't here. They must of gone to the Colosseum already. That meant I had to hurry.

I grab my outfit and rush to the bathroom. I quickly change and get my hair fixed. I wash my face and pray the redness goes away before the games. Rushing out, I put on my shoes and run towards the colosseum.

As I'm running, I hear a voice shouting at me. I pause, looking around.

"(Y/n)!" Cynthia called out, flying up to me with a relieved expression.

"Hey Cynthia, mind giving me a lift?" I ask her and she smiles, grabbing onto and lifting me into the air. We make it to the Colosseum and the exceed wishes me luck before going to join the others. I make my way to my team, panting slightly as I catch up to them.

"Am I late?" I question, a small grin appearing on my lips.

"Nope, in fact you're just on time" Mira smiled and I let out a thankful sigh before taking my spot.

"Where the hell were you?" Gajeel questions with a glare, I just smile softly and shake my head.

"Its not important. Just know I'm back to normal, and I'm sorry if I caused you all to worry" I smiled at them. It didnt take long for them to understand what I meant.

"Its about time" Laxus says, a bored expression on his face. Though, it was quite the opposite. He was glad you would be returning to normal, happy even. But hell would freeze over when he'd show it.

Gajeel was the same. Though, he still had the slight pink tint on his cheeks, a smirk grew on his face.

"We're glad you have you back" Cana said as she took another swig of whatever alcoholic beverage she had today. "Anyways, I think I should be the one to participate in this game" She says and I glance at the name of this game. Pandamonium? Sounds interesting. 

"I think I should participate. I need to redeem myself for yesterday." Gajeel says, clearly wanting prove himself in contrast to yesterday. 

"Why are you here anyway, Cana? I thought you were a reserve member" Mira asks the brunette.

"Yeah, what happened to Mystogen?" Laxus questions and I look around, noticing he wasn't here. I glanced up at the announcers booth and my eyes land on a familiar face. I internally grimace.

"I think I know why. The special guest is from the council" I say, and the group follows my eyes. 

"Yeah, and it's the same guy who arrested him" Cana revealed and I look at her in confusion. Wait, the Oracion Seis event, right? I think Lyon mentioned it before. I look out onto the field and notice Erza was going for Team A.

"Well Cana, you seem intent on going, so I don't mind" I tell her with a smile. She seemed to have a trick up her sleeve, so I'd trust her. Plus, something was slightly different about her magic presence, though I couldn't tell what.

"Yeah, give it everything you got" Mira encouraged.

"Come on! I need to prove myself this game" Gajeel complained as she made her way to the field. Once each guild had selected a representative, they began explaining the game. Of course, there were a few questions, though it did seem interesting. I wouldn't of minded participating, but Cana seems to want to jump in.

A magic circle appeared above the arena and an upside down castle came down from it. They showed examples of the monsters they'd have to fight. After drawing ballots to determine the order, I couldn't help but notice Erza going first and Cana going last.

"Bad luck I guess" Mirajane giggled as Erza stepped up.

"Inside this castle wait one hundred monsters. I choose to challenge all of them" The lacrima made Erza's voice heard for the whole stadium and I looked on with wide eyes.